205 boot light
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 205 boot light

Default 205 boot light

would someone please tell me where the on/off switch for the boot light is in the 205 gti.
    mines intermitent and its not for the want of trying but i cant seem to locate it [the switch that is]i know it goes on when you open the hatch[sometimes]and have looked in all the common places but no luck.
    thanks-BAZZ

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

There is no on/off switch for the boot light!! If you want the light off pull out the globe or disconnect it.

If you don't mean an on/off switch but the little dimple switch (like on the front doors) which triggers the light, there isn't one either, when the hatch is open at a certain height it turns on, there is a name for the electrical thing that does it but i cannot remember the name..if i remember the name I will post it up or someone else might beat me to it..
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by pugsy
    There is no on/off switch for the boot light!! If you want the light off pull out the globe or disconnect it.

I f you don't mean an on/off switch but the little dimple switch (like on the front doors) which trig gers the light, there isn't one either, when the hatch is open at a certain height it tu rns on, there is a name for the electrical thing that does it but i cannot remember the name..if i remember the name I will post it up or someone else might beat me to it..
    quote - when the hatch is open at a certain height it TURNS ON.
    dont mean to be pedantic but you say there is no on/off switch but then go on to state above quote ,if something turns on it is reasonable to assume it turns off ie the thing in the hatch tha t activates at a certain height ,it might not be a switch but it is what im tring to fix .thank you for the information anyway i know where to start looking.
    i just realised i was not clear in stating what i am after.
    i did mean an automatic type switching device like the front doors not a manual on/off,
    thanks for reply -BAZZ

Fellow Frogger!

Yeah, just read my post and it was not super clear There is diode somewhere that triggers it... i will look in the Haynes manual and see if it is mentioned
    05' Megane 225 Cup

thanks for that anyway ,i have already looked but i cant seem to find the somnabutchi,
    does it work with a gravity type switch in the hatch?,they work with a ball bearing that when being moved and the ball bearing moves to the other end of a tube it completes the curcuit and turns on?
    -BAZZ

Thread Information