205 gti mi16 extractors
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 gti mi16 extractors

I am putting a mi16 with quad t/b's into my 205 at the moment and was wondering if anybody in aust (pref melb) has extractors to fit, so they clear the bulk head etc.
    I dont want to mess about with wedge plates or bashing the bulk head etc.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Where in Melb r u?

I think you'll be the first if you do it. What's wrong with a wedge plate? I thought that was the easiest solution by far!

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Jenvey t/b's?

Fellow Frogger!

My Dad made a custom set of extractors for my Uncles 205 Mi16, there was a fair bit of work involved, but they look a treat, I am in Adelaide so not very convient, options include buying a set that are made to fit from the UK -www.mi16conversion.co.uk or getting an exhaust shop to make up a set to fit.

The old man made them on the car as it is a tight fit and as it was a once off so did not bother to go to the expense of making jigs etc.
    Last edited by pugsy; 9th August 2004 at 06:44 PM.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

I will end up doing some myself if there are no off the shelf items as i am a welder with my own workshop but with no time at the moment.
    The T/B's you may not believe are actually quad 45's from a Pulsar gti-r .
    After a touch of grinding they go straight on to the head(as they were on the pulsar), then i am making 100-130mm curved pipes(bell mouthed) attached to a long plenum that will be cold air fed. Although the intake plenum from the gti-r is also a work of art that i may try later to test out.
    I will be using the gtir injectors, fuel rail, pressure reg and tps.
    Wolf management will run it all...hopefully
    I am jumping into it coz the wolf and the gti-r intake set up(which usually are as sort after as a mi16 motor) came to me very, very cheap.
    If any body is interested in the project i will post up all the good , bad and ugly probs that pop up, also some power figures as well.
    At the same time i will be putting in a disk brake rear end, improved front braking, 15" speedlines, series 3 g/box, quaife lsd from jeff and some freshening up of the trim.
    Sorry about the novel

Interesting. I've got a pair of 45's off a GT-R Skyline. I bet they're the same. They've got 91mm centres, compared to 90mm on the Mi16. I'm doing a similar thing with the manifold.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information