Fuego under boost
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 Fuego under boost

hey people,
    What is the max boost that u can put into a fuego without changing anything on the engine and just giving it a good tune up, and what percentage power increase would u think this would end up been?

I am thinking of supercharging it but not in the normal sense of supercharging

Any help would be appreciated
    PS if anyone knows what i can do, that is extreamly easy to do, to increase the level of boost it would be helpfull

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DragoN
    hey people,
    What is the max boost that u can put into a fuego without changing anything on the engine and just giving it a good tune up, and what percentage power increase would u think this would end up been?

I am thinking of supercharging it but not in the normal sense of supercharging

Any help would be appreciated
    PS if anyone knows what i can do, that is extreamly easy to do, to increase the level of boost it would be helpfull
    Do fuego's have a 2 litre version of the douverin engine that is used in a Pugeot 505. If so what is the compression ratio, is it fuel injected, Carby or gas. Are you going to run an intercooler, what sort of turbo/supercharger are you going to run. There is a 505 2.2l that has been turbo charged quite successfully but pistons were modified for reduced compression. Heat and detonation are your worst enemy and you will very quickly destoy you engine if you don't do your homework.

Without any more information the short answer to your question is not much or none. Any engine can be force inducted but not many without internal modifications. My Turbo v6 505 is running on standard internals but has an intercooler, regraphed distributor, and is running straight LP gas which the only reason it was possible.

Jarrod

How many pounds of boost is not many 3 or so or less?????

fuego's have a 2 litre version of the douverin engine iam preetty sure with a compression i have seen mentioned in the forum of 8.5:1 or something really low, and i was planing to have it as a blow through carby supercharger setup without a intercooler

Quote Originally Posted by DragoN
    fuego's have a 2 litre version of the douverin engine iam preetty sure with a compression i have seen mentioned in the forum of 8.5:1 or something really low, and i was planing to have it as a blow through carby supercharger setup without a intercooler
    It is not as simple as just bolting it on. If you are going to use a blow thru setup you need to make sure your carby is suitable for this. Most carbies dont respond well to to having air forced into them. They are prone to leaking air or fuel or both. You would be far better getting a fuel injetion manifold of a pug and converting it to fuel injection first. The next thing you need do is make a variable fuel pressure regulator so that fuel pressure is maintained under boost. If you dont fuel will be forced back to the petrol tank under boost.
    The other important factor is that superchargers suck horsepower from the engine and if are forced to run extremely low boost you may end up with not much gain. It is also difficult to adjust the boost on a supercharger as you have to change the pully size. I'm not saying don't do it but you are going to be a pioneer and you need to be prepared for a few failures along the way. I suggest you talk to people that have installed superchargers and read everything you can get your hands on. If it was me and it was my road car I would probably get another engine just in case.

Jarrod

Thread Information