405 auto electrics
  • Register
  • Help

Default 405 auto electrics

Hi all,

Ive got a slight problem with electrics in the 405. The motors in the mirrors dont seem to work anymore, and the temprature readout goes crazy (reads about 20 degrees higher than actuall). From what i have read the temprature thingy is located in the left hand mirror, so maybe these two problems are linked . Anyway is their a simple solution to this? Or will it require new mirrors or something to fix?(altough if thats what it takes i couldnt be stuffed, it aint that hard to adjust the mirros manually anyway).

Advertisement

Thanks in advance

I have endless problems with the switches that control my mirror motors, a clean out and a spray with wd 40 gets them going again. I am a roll your own smoker and I have thought that this may have something to do with the problem ( that is loose tobacco flying around and fouling the internals of the switch ). There is a delicate looking membrain in the switches and I wouldn't be game to hit them with high pressure air.

Terry

cheers mate

how do you get the switches open?

Carefully lever them out of the door trim and you can then get to the internals through the back of the switch. Endless trouble is an exaggeration, I have done them 3 or 4 times in 9 years. And one of the switches was replaced under warranty.

Terry.

Thread Information