any one know any thing about :pugplak: 505 turbo diesels
  • Register
  • Help

Icon1 any one know any thing about :pugplak: 505 turbo diesels

i have a 505 s2 turbo diesel i like the econamy but she needs to go a bit harder uping the boast is easy does any body what many be a safe limt ive had a boost gauge on and it only runs around 9 lb where as my old hdi use to boost to 15 lb bye 2000rpm i presume it would all so need more diesel but i cant seem to find any info on how modify the injection pump if any body has under taken a simuler project or has any clues that would be very helpfull so please pm me or email me on [email protected]

cheers

thanks guys thanks

nathan and craig latta

Advertisement

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by craig latta
    i have a 505 s2 turbo diesel i like the econamy but she needs to go a bit harder uping the boast is easy does any body what many be a safe limt ive had a boost gauge on and it only runs around 9 lb where as my old hdi use to boost to 15 lb bye 2000rpm i presume it would all so need more diesel but i cant seem to find any info on how modify the injection pump if any body has under taken a simuler project or has any clues that would be very helpfull so please pm me or email me on crai[email protected]

cheers

thanks guys thanks

nathan and craig latta

you can fuel it up a bit more but the EPA or the POlice could get on your back for excessive smoke

i have modified many a truck and diesel car in my time but i generally only do it for friends knowing if they get caught i don't cop the fine for fiddling with the pump as they are wired to prevent such mods as you may have noticed on your pump

have a play and see what you come up with as it is pretty simple and just about every older truck onthe road has been fiddled and re-wired or just pulled the lever off the splined shaft and put back on a notch or 2 out to fuel it up a bit more

modern diesels are harder especially the huei cats as they are run by oil pressure and computers
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Fellow Frogger!

Hi, I can provide details of how to adjust the pump as it is the same as a Landrover Discovery and there is good detail on Landrover sites.

As Pugrambo says, however, it is hard to get more grunt without ending up with more smoke, particulary under hard throttle. I have had good improvements on the Disco with an improved intercooler and modest pump adjustments but under extreme throttle openings there is a bit more smoke.

Cheers

Jim

wouldnt describe it as a bit Jim the day you drove away from my Place. I thought it was the end of the world as the middle of the day became black
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Fellow Frogger!

Now be nice, I've wound it back since then!!

Thread Information