help me pug nuts...
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default help me pug nuts...

i have a 94 405sri. this is the first of the series two vehivles. recently it blew a motor and is still in peices in my garage. ultimately the car will be used for hillclimbs and i will continue to use it for motorkhanas. so low to mid-range power and torque is what i am after.

my question is,
    is the block in the sri the same as the mi16 in the 2L sII and if so does anyone have a sII mi16 motor or top end, it is becoming aparrent that they are as rare as rockinghorse s##t.

also as far as engine mods go, what can i do to increase the power in the bottom and mid-range, but nothing too radical. i want to go mi16, but what from there?

Advertisement

this is still a road car, actually my mum owns it, so i want it to be driveable, afterall i'm not trying to fool myself into thinking i'm a gifted or tallented driver in any way, i just want to have some fun.

any suggestions for the rebuild or mods much appreciated.

lavish me with your pug oriented knowledge and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 3006882
    i have a 94 405sri. this is the first of the series two vehivles. recently it blew a motor and is still in peices in my garage. ultimately the car will be used for hillclimbs and i will continue to use it for motorkhanas. so low to mid-range power and torque is what i am after.

my question is,
    is the block in the sri the same as the mi16 in the 2L sII and if so does anyone have a sII mi16 motor or top end, it is becoming aparrent that they are as rare as rockinghorse s##t.

also as far as engine mods go, what can i do to increase the power in the bottom and mid-range, but nothing too radical. i want to go mi16, but what from there?

this is still a road car, actually my mum owns it, so i want it to be driveable, afterall i'm not trying to fool myself into thinking i'm a gifted or tallented driver in any way, i just want to have some fun.

any suggestions for the rebuild or mods much appreciated.

lavish me with your pug oriented knowledge and experience.
    you could use a PRV V6 the problem there in is being able to adapt a manual gerbox to it, unless you want to use the trimatic, i cant see problems in using trimatics as they use them in drag cars and there a fairly strong box. if you want to get decent power out of the stock engine though i would go turbo, the compresion in 504 and 505 engines is quite low and is easily adaptable to turbocharging, however the problem with this is that you will greately reduce the lifespan of your engine. and the 2l engine is the same as what was used in the 504
    Last edited by orestes; 25th June 2004 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3006882
    i want to go mi16, but what from there?
    Sell the SRI and buy an Mi16. There's just too much that is different and not worth agro and cost. Your SRI must be worth $6-7K. A 2L Mi16 is $8-9K. You couldn't do it for $3K.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information