Inlet Cam Swap
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Inlet Cam Swap

Icon10 Inlet Cam Swap

Hi all,

after weeks/ months of being deprived of my beloved Mi, yesterday I finally got it back.

We pulled the head off only to find no petrusion at all. The bottom O rings were stuffed and the block looked like it was about to crumble. I got a new engine in there (120K) and dropped Peter T's Cam in too.

Now driving any Mi would feel like a rocket after 3 months of driving a 89 pulsar around so I may be biased by that but with this new engine, and the cam, my pug is a F*&^% rocket!!

I don't notice much down lower but after 4.5k it just really pulls, and it still just wants to keep going.

I'm planning on getting a dyno but after all the extras my motor needed (radiator, alternator new hoses etc), frankly I'm broke. Rest assured it shall be done soon enough. but its just nice to see this cam in action finally. Big ups to Peter T for it!! but especially massive ups to the boys at Auto Paris. Did some huge favours for me and worked their arses off on my car for weeks, not to mention all the other stuff they did for me in between.

See y'all back on the road

Advertisement

Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

That's a good out come....

Here's what I posted in the Parts For Sale forum:

"Here is the best before/after figures I can offer. The engine in this Mi16 was rebuilt by Owen Wuillemin for a client of his. It is essentially a new 145hp XU9J4Z engine, having new pistons & liners and a reco'd head with a 3 angle valve job. It also had an offset key fitted to the inlet cam, advancing it 4 crank degrees. After it was dynoed, the inlet cam was replaced with a 20/60 inlet cam and a std. key, then dynoed again, just a week later. The dyno runs were done in 3rd gear. I would disregard the initial figures at 60 km/h."

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/tayl...cam_change.htm

The biggest increase is still 15% (or 10kW). I even thought the first one might have been a fluke.

That's four Cal.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

****! I want one.

Why were the dyno runs done in 3rd gear? They should be done in the gear that is as close to 1:1 as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MYT205
    Why were the dyno runs done in 3rd gear? They should be done in the gear that is as close to 1:1 as possible.
    Why? The diff ratio and the rolling radius are still other variables.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Its a generally accepted practice to do them that way.

So, in most cars, they are done in 4th gear in a manual. Every car I have seen and had done myself has been dynoed that way.

By doing them in 3rd gear the results will be higher than if done, in say, 4th gear.

doesn t gearing on dyno only affect kw output/torque acording to SPEED achieved at particular revs.....Torque/kw should still read correctlly wether in 3dr or 4th or 5th or 6th or 7th....As long as chosen gear DEMONSTRATES particlular rev range...kw/torque figures should remain constant...

cheers

dino

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that gearing will not affect power figures, but will affect torque figures.
    Care factor = -273.15șC

Thread Information