Gti6: loud brake squeal
  • Register
  • Help

Default Gti6: loud brake squeal

I've noticed a loud squeal coming from my brakes when braking hard. It only occurs after the brakes are well warmed up after hard braking. It occurs when braking in a straight line, but the noise seems to come on easier when the wheels are slightly turned. Once the brakes cool off, the noise goes away. At first I thought it was just a hard spot or something on the pads, but it still hasn't gone away. There doesn't seem to be any real loss in braking performance..just the really really loud squealing noise, very annoying and I think it may be coming from only the left wheel, though can't be sure.

Advertisement

Can anyone share their experiences?
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Fellow Frogger!

Jude, my 205 has been doing a similar thing for a while now and i don't know why, I get the feeling it may be caliper flex when i turn corners causing the pads to scrape slighlty and cause a squeal or that might be a stretch I just live with it as the brakes work fine, although it is a bit embarrasing in stop go traffic: squeal, stop, go, stop squeal...
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Thanks guys. Joel, does yours make the noise all the time or only after your brakes are hot after hard driving? Mine only do it after spiritied driving, and then only when braking medium to hard.

Jester, I hope it's not my discs! They're virtually brand new! I'll get them checked out thoroughly. There's no shudder or anything though. If it was a lip, I would expect to feel it all the time.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Fellow Frogger!

I dunno when they squeal they just squeal, I will keep an ear on them this weekend and see whether they squeal hot or cold or both
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Thread Information