Coilpacks
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Coilpacks

Default Coilpacks

Is it possible to run some kind of test on coilpacks to check how well they're functioning? eg. take them out and have their resistance checked by an auto elec???

The reason I ask is, my car seems to be running slightly sluggish, at idle it's a little bit rough.

The only other I though it might be is one of the sensors causing the ecu to misfunction. It has in the past logged faults, I had it checked by my mechanic and they noted the faults came from different sensors which I'm led to believe may be caused by dodgy fuel or any number of things not necessarily faulty sensors. Could coilpacks (that are about to crap themselves) cause the computer to log a fault?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Advertisement

Cheers!
    FOR SALE 1995 PEUGEOT 306S16

...not sure...but have heard rumours that a faulty coil can lead to ecu damage....

cheers

dino

I had all 4 of mine checked a little while ago when one was going. 3 read at 1ohm and one at 1.3ohm from memory. We replaced the 1.3 one but the problem returned. Turned out that one was the new one and one of the others went. The ohm meter did not pick a difference between those three though.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Thread Information