405 question
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 405 question

Default 405 question

hey i just noticed that my boot is nicely sealed off by a sheet of thin metal, i also noticed that its bolted in, anyways, my question is if i remove it will that affect the chassis at all or is it non strucural? i wanna remove it so i can run subs, and i figued with that inplace, the bass would bounce round the boot awhole lot before entering the cabin, so am i right to move it, or would it be better to have subs in like a bandpass box witht he port facing the rear speakers?

Advertisement

I believe it's structural.
    The reason for the Peugeot 405 not to feature fold-down rear seats (according to the brochure and advertising) was to increase chassis rigidity with the use of a stress bearing member between the boot and the seats. Its also there for the sake of occupant safety, to prevent heavy items entering the cabin in the event of a crash. With the beam removed, I reckon the integrity of the rear seats might be compromised.
    Since the 405 has been designed with the beam in place, I wouldn't suggest removing it.
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTI S1
    1996 Jaguar XJR X300
    1991 Honda VT250 Spada
    1992 Peugeot 405 S (R.I.P. 31/07/2005)

cheers mate, had a feeling it was strucual, anyone had any experiences they would like to share bout getting some bass into the cabin?

Even if it would be ok to remove it'd cause you many probs with the seats, they hang off that metal wall.

I had two 12's and then two 15's in the boot facing the rear with no probs.....or you could do what i ended up doing, remove the seats and squeeze 15's between bucket seats and a cage.

Thread Information