Electronic Ignition 123 tune plus for Peugeot 203?
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Shoji
  • 1 Post By renault8&10
  • 2 Post By 1972Ren

Thread: Electronic Ignition 123 tune plus for Peugeot 203?

Tadpole

Default Electronic Ignition 123 tune plus for Peugeot 203?

I am looking at getting a 123 tune plus which you can set the advance and vacuum curve yourself and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best curve or settings?
    User can adjust settings via bluetooth and you can advance or retard any one point all along the curve and not affect the whole curve.
    Are there recommended factory settings for advance and vacuum advance that are easily found?
    Thanks
    John

Advertisement

Sorry can't help with the curve but these 123 Tune's are great. I have the USB version which also has the two onboard curves that you can switch between. Road and track if you like. You save as many versions you want on your laptop and upload the best one's that work best. Even go out on thre road with a curve guru in your passenger seat who make adjustments.
    Good luck with it.
    bathst likes this.
    “Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once.” Cheers. John

I'd contact Ted Cross, AF member "hawk" via private mail.

Ted is the Victorian distributor for the product.

Best of luck.

Tadpole

Thx! I need to investigate but i don't know if different profiles can be saved on this model. Love the 15's and 17's!
    Last edited by bathst; 2nd October 2019 at 01:55 PM.

Think your right. Only one curve with the tune+ but able to upload and download.
    “Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once.” Cheers. John

You could always use a dial back timing light to “map” your existing curve as a starting point and tweak it from there.
    bathst likes this.
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

Hi,
    Ive put programmable ignitions in a couple of cars, and my inexpert feeling is that you don't need to get too hung up about 'factory curves'. I really don't think they differ all that much from one car to another, and at this age for the cars in question, unlikely the springs have retained that magical curve anyway. A 'starting point' 3D ignition map is not hard to find, and likely there is a user forum where people have posted theirs. Then just fiddle. If you can't tell the difference between 'better' or 'worse' with the seat of your pants, then it arguably does not matter anyway.

One thing which will definitely be better almost no matter what you do, is starting, really clean running out to red line, and never having to fiddle with points etc again.

I also feel the main purpose for dual maps, is with a dual fuel set up eg old car which can switch between petrol and lpg. If you are running just one fuel system, then I would personally think one ignition map is enough.

My 2c...
    Andy
    Last edited by 1972Ren; 3rd October 2019 at 01:09 AM.
    jaahn and bathst like this.

Thread Information