• Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By seasink
  • 1 Post By pugwash

Thread: Engine problem

Tadpole

Default Engine problem

Hello,
    i have recently purchased a 2006 2.7 litre twin turbo C6 Citroen, with 147000 kms on the clock.
    i have a slight miss in the engine and surging on the float speed. Everything is good with the power down for starting and hill climbing. This trouble happens about 80% of the time. Otherwise runs beautifully.
    I am currently putting injector cleaner in the fuel and using the super diesel.
    Has anybody any suggestions on this trouble.
    Alwyn

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Welcome.

Wonderful car; I'm envious. What do you know about past servicing? Has the car been used only for short urban style runs? (It must get periodic long uninterrupted runs, eg on a motorway, to regenerate). It would help if somebody could read the computer with a Diagbox.

I am wondering about the particle filter, the fuel filter, and perhaps the air sensor.

The same engine can be found in some Citroen C5s.

Tadpole

Thank you for your reply .T he servicing has been up to date by the dealer in Sydney and has been recorded with dockets .I drove the car from Sydney to my home at hope island 800 Kim. And have also another run of 400 Kim but nothing has changed yet? I don’t know what runs the previos owner did . It runs very well with a load on ( take off and any hill and slowing of corse ).Its only on the coast when you have reached your speed. I will ask the citroen club members at a RACQ day they have in July at Brisbane where I can find someone with a Diagbox like you sujested.I have had a CX and C5V6 so far I. Love them.Alwyn.

1000+ Posts

People don't forget C6s. If the dealer was Continental (Citroen Centre) I'd be confident it was looked after, correct oil, and so on, and I think I'd give them a ring and see if they are prepared to make a suggestion about the present trouble.

Members of the Cit club will have Diagboxes. It isn't a bad idea to scan any second hand purchase, and reset what is recorded historically. If anything pops up again after that you can have more confidence that it is real.

Ask someone who has a Diagbox for help in obtaining and installing a copy on a Windows laptop.
    Alwyn Noseda likes this.

1000+ Posts

I recommend ron holdway mobile mechanic gold coast ,0457763514
    Alwyn Noseda likes this.

Thread Information