Any tricks... Inspection light spares.
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Any tricks... Inspection light spares.

Dear Brains Trust,

I have a couple of (wearable) headlights made by Hella that my sister managed to pop by plugging them into the wrong charger (polarity). I isolated the problem to the wee bit of electronic trickery that sits atop of the battery (I have another such light and swapped the battery over). The lights themselves are about $100 + each.

Advertisement

I figured I'd just find a couple more batteries and be done - but my searches for spares have been unproductive, though there are a plethora of sites that come up offering to sell me 1 - 1000 pieces at $1.35 - 0.80 per unit (though I still don't seem to be able to find the bit I'm after).

I contacted the Hella agent in this part of the world and they said "good luck".

I've searched by product code, part number and the same light is also sold as a Scangrip product.

Does anyone have any shortcuts or search strategies which might gift me a win.

Pics attached.

P
    hella1.jpghella2.jpg
    Daily Drivers: R10, R12, R17T(?) Decouvrable

In the Shed(s):
    R8 (1.4 motor, 4 shock rear end), Dauphine, Pugeot 404

In the Past:
    Dauphine X2, R10 X lots, R12 X2, R16TS, R17TS

Is it feasible to either make up a a battery pack or adapt the connections for a battery with same values that was made for another purpose? I know my RC neighbour used to package his own battery packs. Here is a kit for building battery packs, no soldering needed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pxq4Au5iuc
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Ex' try having a look at hobby shops. That is just a run of the mill single cell Lipo battery. Online (overseas) is not going to help you much because nobody wants to send Lipos by mail.

There's a lot of hobby shops online here where you will find that kind of battery.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

1000+ Posts

Not quite: the code WT 902554 translates to 90X25X54mm. The pack needs to be quite small and have the ICs soldered to the top.
    Daily Drivers: R10, R12, R17T(?) Decouvrable

In the Shed(s):
    R8 (1.4 motor, 4 shock rear end), Dauphine, Pugeot 404

In the Past:
    Dauphine X2, R10 X lots, R12 X2, R16TS, R17TS

You really need to get your arse to a hobby shop. Lipo cells come in a vast variety of sizes. For that voltage (single cell) that is not a small size.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Thread Information