• Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Stuey
  • 1 Post By Armidillo

Thread: 2007 Peugeot 207 GTI

Tadpole

Default 2007 Peugeot 207 GTI

Can anyone help me my car is dieing.
    Shows depolution system faulty tyre pressure too low has gone into limp mode

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Something is off with combustion (depollution). If it threatens the catalytic converter, the computer will try to protect it, like limp.

Do you have ODB error codes? Do you know the readings from the oxygen sensors at each end of the converter? This is the first step.

Tyre pressures are easily checked and fixed.

Tadpole

Yes the codes came up as
    u0101
    p20B01
    p2302u
    p2122
    p2127
    p2649
    hope you can help!

1000+ Posts

Did you clear all codes, to get rid of meaningless history, and give it a run and reread to get current ones?

I don't know the codes with letters. 2302 is an ignition coil (B). Swap and see if the fault changes.

p2122 and 2177 are the throttle/pedal switch, probably earthed or open circuit.

Is this an auto? u0101 is the transmission control. Attend to others first.
    Last edited by seasink; 20th February 2019 at 03:52 PM.

1000+ Posts

Eddie, you should give as much info as you can up front, not wait for people to ask you. What happened? History of the current issue? You had the codes, what else do you know?
    dmccurtayne likes this.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

1000+ Posts

Maybe even supply VIN?
    dmccurtayne likes this.

Default 2007 Peugeot 207 GTI

Yep wouldíve had an answer by now swap the coil

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Tadpole

I have done nothing else for lack of knowledge yes it is a Manuel shift. How it happened an why it happened an what the codes mean I donít know we did clear them but they returned straight away I was thinking for there to be so many codes maybe there is an underlying problem that is linked with them an not really them at all eg a dirty electrical connection so I pulled everything apart an used contact cleaner to no prevail 🏼 whatís next step would you guys recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Tadpole

Sorry the vin is A5fxc33756677
    An engine is
    10fjae0023677

1000+ Posts

From what's been said, the fault may lie in an ignition coil. If a cylinder isn't firing properly, the partially burnt fuel can poison the cat converter, and the computer will react. Can you detect a misfire by feeling for exhaust gas pulsations at the tail pipe?

If you disconnect and lever up the levers on the plug cables, the coils lift out. You'll feel resistance from the rubber insulators. Try swapping the middle pair, and the first and last pair, at each swap starting the car and clearing and reading the codes. If the code changes you can deduce the bad coil. You can buy coils from the usual importers. This is the first step, and may be all that is needed. BTW don't let it get wet down those plug holes.

There may be poor connections behind the other codes, but one should try to sort out the combustion issue first.

Tadpole

Ok thanks there is a misfire Iíll try an source a coil tomorrow an give it a go! Thanks again !

Donít forget cylinder 1 is flywheel end

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eddie 1 View Post
    I have done nothing else for lack of knowledge yes it is a Manuel shift. How it happened an why it happened an what the codes mean I don’t know we did clear them but they returned straight away I was thinking for there to be so many codes maybe there is an underlying problem that is linked with them an not really them at all eg a dirty electrical connection so I pulled everything apart an used contact cleaner to no prevail  what’s next step would you guys recommend?

Actually this is a very sensible approach! Another issue to eliminate when you get an unexpected cluster of codes is a dying battery - it is possible for a battery to be producing a lower voltage than required for correct operation of the computer, while still producing enough current to start the motor.

Cheers

Alec

Thread Information