GTi6 throttle question
  • Register
  • Help
    VIP Sponsor

Default GTi6 throttle question

Playing around with the 309 today, fitted with GTi6 inlet manifold. I noticed that the engine doesn't respond quickly when the butterfly is opened, is there some sort of system to reduce touchiness of the accelerator pedal or is the butterfly loose? I have noticed lag in the accelerator response, off idle, since fitting the manifold but thought it was the cable flexing due to a fairly stiff return spring on the GTi6 manifold. It is even more noticeable when you open the butterfly by hand.
    Nothing to do with the engine itself.

Advertisement

Not knowing anything about Peugeot's I'm tempted to ask: what is the volume of the GTi6 manifold compared with a standard 309? A bigger volume under the same vacuum will take longer to fill, n'est-ce pas!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Sounds like a tuning issue to me. Have you adjusted the transient throttle settings of the ECU since you swapped manifolds?

The GTi6 throttle body is spherically cut to give greater engine control at low throttle opennings because it is a relatively large throttle plate at 63.5mm (or there abouts). It can dump alot of air into the engine and the ECU needs to have the transient throttle settings correct or it will run out of fuel when the throttle is initially openned.

VIP Sponsor

You mean accelerate enrichment?
    When driving it is extremely responsive, just has this lag when idling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Sounds like a tuning issue to me. Have you adjusted the transient throttle settings of the ECU since you swapped manifolds?

The GTi6 throttle body is spherically cut to give greater engine control at low throttle opennings because it is a relatively large throttle plate at 63.5mm (or there abouts). It can dump alot of air into the engine and the ECU needs to have the transient throttle settings correct or it will run out of fuel when the throttle is initially openned.

VIP Sponsor

It may just be a function of the spherically cut throttle body, to avoid a touchy throttle, as you say.

VIP Sponsor

Thinking more on this, the Mi16 S1 is also unresponsive off idle, compared to 205 GTi or Si.
    It has a two stage butterfly setup with the secondary opening very early on, so only the one is used coming off idle, improving drivability.

Thread Information