• Register
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By speaksgeek
  • 2 Post By speaksgeek

Thread: Tuning Standard ECU Motronic Mp 3.2

Default Tuning Standard ECU Motronic Mp 3.2

Im in need of some help.

It seems to be a dark art or the internet is not old enough to have solid information on how this is done.

I know its possible, I just dont know where to start or what I will need. The Xantia CT is getting a camshaft that potentially its going to be a little too much for the standard ecu to cope with smoothly and I would love to have the option of tuning it.

As far as I can gather I need to read the chip/eprom and decode the fuel and ign maps. Then remap them on said chip and replace the chip back to the board/ecu? Or is there a way of doing this live?

As you can tell I really have no idea and the people Ive managed to get in touch with who sort of know are not bothered in giving me the time to explain how it works. (I do pester a lot of people so understandable)

Surely there is a way! There are ‘chips’ out there to just plug in but I want to tune it to what I need first.

Advertisement

Any help or discussion is invited. Please no BS on this as to why this and that and leave it alone or funny one line opinions as Im sick of that on AF.

Thanks in advance.

Interesting site TunerPro and TunerPro RT - Professional Automobile Tuning Software

Also some good info here https://www.ecuedit.com/tunerpro-t260

Look like its about just downloading the file from the car, using the software to read and edit and reload? Guessing its extracted via OBD?

Have singned up to tunepro. Lets see what comes of it.

Fellow Frogger!

This also seemed useful, but I only skimmed over it
    How to hack Motronic ECU's!

Do you already understand Hexadecimal? If not, I'd say you're going to have to.
    PeterT likes this.
    206 GTi 180 - '804 Cat Cams, Jenvey DBW 48mm ITB's, Emtron KV8 ECU, HP Electronik PDM, AIM MXS Dash, Custom Wiring Harness. AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, PeugeotSport Baffled Sump, Oil cooler, Quaife LSD, E85.
    Build nearly finished...

Sandown - 1:31.5
    Winton - 1:45.6
    Phillip Island - 1:58.4
    Nürburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

Previously, 2x 504 Wagon, 505 Wagon, 505 STi, 405.

Fellow Frogger!

They say there are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who don't.
    jaahn and PeterT like this.
    206 GTi 180 - '804 Cat Cams, Jenvey DBW 48mm ITB's, Emtron KV8 ECU, HP Electronik PDM, AIM MXS Dash, Custom Wiring Harness. AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, PeugeotSport Baffled Sump, Oil cooler, Quaife LSD, E85.
    Build nearly finished...

Sandown - 1:31.5
    Winton - 1:45.6
    Phillip Island - 1:58.4
    Nürburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

Previously, 2x 504 Wagon, 505 Wagon, 505 STi, 405.

No i dont!

Away I go again.

Im sure I will have a lot of help from the Turnerpro community once the problems arise. Im hoping its as easy as either sending it to be decoded or asking for x,y figures to be input. Looking forward to it none the less.

1000+ Posts

Yours is probably different to the Motronic 1.3 in the Mi16, but when I wanted to revert the 405's EEPROM back to stock (I bought it 'chipped') I bought a couple of the blank chips and spoke to a tuning firm here in WA who said that if I could get the maps, they could program the chip.

Mi16 ECU EPROM & mapping

The only reason I mentioned it was in case yours is old tech enough to still have a non-externally-flashable EEPROM IC.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Thread Information