Mystery heater matrix core ??? 205 diesel 1995
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 205luv
  • 1 Post By 205luv

Thread: Mystery heater matrix core ??? 205 diesel 1995

Default Mystery heater matrix core ??? 205 diesel 1995

Peugeot 205 diesel manual 1995 3 door, LHD.

Advertisement

Just taken out my heater matrix and found its leaking under pressure .
    So looked on internet and been to car shop and NOTHING looks like the one i have , so whats going on folks ???

The date on the matrix is 1995 , the ali tubes to the matrix are held in place by an ali plate with only three holes in it , one for each tube and one for the clamp screw. The screw is M5 hex head , the nut is a square nut held in place by the plastic moulding of the matrix end.
    I will try to get a picture up soon.
    Were french car matrix,s interchangable or the whole heater unit ??. This is a strange one .

Anyone got any ideas please .

Tadpole

Any pictures of the old one? It's possible that someone retro-fitted a non 205 radiator at some point in time and made an adaptor plate out of ally?

Yep pics please

1990 Renault 5 GT turbo
    ####current rides####
    1994 205 gti 1.9 sorento green
    1988 205 gti 1.9 uk import grey
    2001 clio 172 sport ph1 #44/85
    1998 306 gti6. Blaze yellow
    1992 Honda Fireblade
    2013 Yamaha fzs sho Jetski
    1998 Supra RZ twin turbo white
    1999 Wrx classic gc8 sonic blue

Yes will try best to get piccies .
    I done some digging and looks suspiciosly like a 405 heater matrix , maybe at the factory they ran out of 205 matrix and took a few from the 405 line . Since mine is a 95 model its the end of year for the 205 and they ran out of a matrix supply , ???, I think the 405 line ran till 98 so maybe possible as the 405 had the same heater housing for the matrix , shared parts ?, Just a theory.

I found this piccie on the net that someone else has a job with and it looks just like the one ive got,
    http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5...0/P1100025.jpg

Your description sounds like a normal 205 matrix. I ordered mine off the interweb in Europe, can't remember what shop and it fit with no problems. My car is a 1987 GTI, but I have a 205Si parts car and it has the same matrix.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Ok Interesting , i dont know much about these cars bit i learn as i go !. , well we,ll soon find out . Will be picking up a core next week, the misses went down the road for me and apparently their system flagged up two pipe entry types for the 205 , hmm , the plot thickens . I,m intrigued.

This is what Iíve got for 205 heater matrix

1000+ Posts

Show him the pipe entry, that is the prime part of his query.
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway

The pipe entry from your piccie looks like its in line with the end housing , well , mine aint !!!
    Now imagine this , get your right hand and grab the pipe entrys and twist them up 45 degrees and the little mounting tab goes with it as well , now the entrys are looking toward the ceiling !!! Now on the other end i have a lump of polystyrene foam shaped a bit like the black plastic end cap on your matrix , that is secured in place with a length of foam sticky backed strip up one side across the polystyrene and down the other side , the polystyrene spoofs as a dummy end and the matrix tubes are protected inside this .
    All the info and car shop catalogs show your style not the one i have cos theyre looking for 205 matrix !.
    I found this interesting blog.
    This is what mine looks like essentially , 45 degrees, but mine has the mounting tab on the pipe entry like yours and another at the opposite corner .

Lion's Den: How to Remove Peugeot 406 Heater Matrix / Core

I,ll get a piccie up for you.

Another try with technology , dont know how i did it but heres the heater matrix from the 205. Note the 45 degree pipe entries
    Mystery heater matrix core ???  205 diesel 1995-img_8062.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8062.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	106227

still trying here for resized image, bloody heck it worked . There you go the old dog has learned a new trick with " Fast tone image program "
    Now you can see the foam at the other end of the core . So What is it from ?????.

Mystery heater matrix core ???  205 diesel 1995-img_8073-resized.jpg

Hi,
    From a quick web search others have had similar issues, here is a photo from the side that I got from another thread on another forum.
    Some info suggests that you have one of the two types of 205 heater matrix either 6448 G1 or 6448 G2

The G1 appears to be early model LHD & RHD and the G2 looks to be fitted to some late model RHD.

http://www.planete-205.com/forum/cha...t10984-45.html

Link to parts list for early and late 205
    http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/6/64J01A.HTM
    http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205N/6/64J01A.HTM

Wow thanks for the reply. Now that is interesting , so to recap the one with the 45 degree pipe entries ( the one i have ) is a G2 ?
    If it was fitted to a RHD what is the purpose of the 45 deg angled up pipes ,clearance for something ???.
    So ive got a left hooker with a right hooker heater , bloody heck LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by 205luv View Post
    Wow thanks for the reply. Now that is interesting , so to recap the one with the 45 degree pipe entries ( the one i have ) is a G2 ?
    If it was fitted to a RHD what is the purpose of the 45 deg angled up pipes ,clearance for something ???.
    So ive got a left hooker with a right hooker heater , bloody heck LOL.
    Iím pretty sure itís a G2 but you may need to start shopping and check diagrams or photos. The G1 does look to be more common and suited to lots of earlier models and I did see a photo of a G1 with the pipe connections at right angle not 45deg. LHD & RHD Iím not sure why your car had it but the parts list isnít comprehensive on that data.

You could also try Peugeot service box to see exact numbers for your cars VIN.

Right cheers for the info , who knows what was in the minds at peugeot when they were making them . Wonder if there,s a peugeot factory hand out there to tell the story .
    Yes i will have to do some shopping around .
    CEyssens likes this.

Default And finally

Finally got sorted out , this one fits perfect . Looks like the 45 degree variant is now possibly not available !?. Dont know ?.

Goes straight in and the heat is un real .
    To get the o-rings to seat into the core holes easily i applied a small ammount of lanoline hand cream to the o rings it was the semi solid stuff out of an "Avon" tub , worked a treat , if its hand care moisturizer it must be ok for rubber !.
    Core and kit , just over £40 quid.
    Hope this post is useful to others.
    Many thanks to aussiefrogs for the help, now i,m happy.

Mystery heater matrix core ???  205 diesel 1995-img_8087.jpg

Mystery heater matrix core ???  205 diesel 1995-img_8083.jpg
    CEyssens likes this.

Thread Information