Need help please Heater core and metal engine coolant inter connect pipe probs
  • Register
  • Help

Default Need help please Heater core and metal engine coolant inter connect pipe probs

Ive moved into the cooling area now ( from electrics).
    Ive read the haynes manual paragraph on heater core removal but need to know is there anything around the steering column that has to be removed to get the core to slide out. Secondly reason for removal is inspection and flush because i have a slight leak from the tube area , can someone tell me or show me what seals the pipes to the core , is it o-rings or gasket , i hope the core plastic end is not busted !.
    Secondly, engine interconnect metal coolant pipe on r/h side near suspension leg it connects the rear hose to the forward bottom rad hose . I bought one today and the bugger wont fit, as the tab mounting holes are about 4 to 5mm out !!! , doesnt look the same as the original, one of the tabs is skewed over , i think bad manf process , does anyone have the hole c to c dimension please ( M6 ).
    Engine XUD .

Ta very much

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

This explains it, o rings, yes, dash bits need to be removed to do this, get some good and I mean good sealant to assist.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-2...kAAOSwikdaoYVH
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway

Thanks for the reply. Fantastic , great picture 100% understand now !! You mean like silicone RTV. For the price of two o rings and some rtv i could cure my leak . Most of the plastic trim stuff is gone already.
    Just another question, when i bleed the system does the vehicle have to be raised up at the rear to allow air to the highest point in the bulkhead coolant tube nipple ?.

1000+ Posts

No need to do this, I am told if you raise the overflow bottle up and tie it to the bonnet leaving it open it will bleed all air by itself.
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway

Ok thanks

Thread Information