407 Reset
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 407 Reset

Fellow Frogger!

Default 407 Reset

On the way up to the Peugeot Pageant in Boonah over Easter (and on the way home too) I had problems with the 407 wagon throwing up all sorts of faults but without going into limp mode. When I had the chance I had the faults "cleared" and a new battery fitted but the fault messages still keep coming. I have been able to drive the car in "manual" mode without any problems but if I use drive (it is an automatic) the faults come up after about 300kms.

Thinking now that the problem lies in the main fuse box under the bonnet and I am trying to find out if the one I have off the sedan we wrecked is compatible with the wagon so we can just switch them over. In the interim my mate down the road with the gear to clear the codes is away so I thought a quick fix might be to disconnect the battery for an hour or more and then reconnect it.

So my question is how long should I leave the 407 (V6 petrol) after reconnecting the battery before trying to restart it?

With my old 406 Coupe I know that I had to leave the 406 between 12 and 24 hours before the restart to ensure that all the settings were retained. But I cannot find anyone that can tell me if this applies to a 407 as well.

Anyone with any ideas?

FLASH

Advertisement

PS the reason I say the fuse box is the problem is that senders and things that send signals to the relevant areas, gear changes, braking, steering, gearbox, etc. all check out OK and appear to be working. So we think that the fuse box has some sort of fault and interrupting the signals to the various modules within the system or even the ECU itself.

1000+ Posts

Hi Flash
    I am not familiar with your particular model but here are my ideas.
    There is no logical reasons to wait for any long time to let it remember anything. When you reconnect the battery, the computer 'boots up' and does a scan of its 'slaves' to check them and see their readings are 'in the ball park'. If they check out it then waits for a start command or after a while goes to sleep mode. This checking takes a very short time. IMHO.

If there is a faulty connection or bad joint then that may vary due to different conditions but the computer is always checking that the 'slave' sensors etc are giving sensible readings consistent with the operating conditions at the minute. So if it finds out of spec readings, it gives instantaneous fault lights and takes action, which may be a fault mode of some greater or lesser degree depending on what it is programed to do in regard to those faults, and protecting the operation.
    Jaahn

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Jaahn but I have a heart problem that took over and after a bit of a flutter yesterday I didn't reconnect the battery 'till this morning (24 hours plus). Drove over to the son's, 70 to 80kms round trip with no problems. It also turns out the fuse box from the wrecked one is the same part number as in the wagon so next weekend much cursing and profanity as we change them over and then see if everything talks to one another.

Thread Information