Some general information about belts, kits etc with tips on problems.
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Some general information about belts, kits etc with tips on problems.

Hi
    A friend came across this site looking for information on his VW timing belt change.
    There is a lot of information available there, perhaps an update for old codgers like me on what the newer engines look like under the covers when you have to do a belt etc. More German cars than French but ??
    ContiTech
    Power Transmission Group
    Automotive Aftermarket
    Technical Info / Installation Tips

Advertisement

You could waste a bit of time to see what is there ! Some listings of problems, some other stuff I have not looked at yet. Note language is selectable up top right.
    Jaahn

Technical Info - Automotive Aftermarket - Power Transmission Group - ContiTech AG
    Last edited by jaahn; 21st March 2018 at 06:57 PM.

1000+ Posts

Hi
    Just spruiking my own thread in a French direction Here are a couple of tool kits they supply to the trade for changing timing belts on Froggies. Perhaps you will not rush off with the credit card, but they do have a picture of the boxes with the things inside and a brief description of each tool and which engine types they fit. Could help if you want to make one up perhaps, to see what one looks like ?
    Cheers Jaahn
    French for pros: TOOL BOX V02 for Renault

http://aam-europe.contitech.de/pages...ox-v02_en.html

Vive la perfection: TOOL BOX V03 for CitroŽn and Peugeot

TOOL BOX V03 ? Belt drive components for the Automotive Aftermarket ? ContiTech AG

Thread Information