2009 C5 Tourer height adjustment issue
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2009 C5 Tourer height adjustment issue

Default 2009 C5 Tourer height adjustment issue

Hi all,
    My newly acquired RHR C5 Tourer does not respond to Ht adjustment.
    Using the Handbook I located the fuze G29, it was fine but I changed for another anyway.. no difference.
    The car is fixed on Park, the lowest setting.
    Driven it does not default to normal.
    A SERVICE message comes up and once that does, the up / down buttons do not register on the dash.
    How much trouble am I in.. Over

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Biker View Post
    Hi all,
    Using the Handbook I located the fuze G29, it was fine but I changed for another anyway.. no difference.
    The car is fixed on Park, the lowest setting.
    Driven it does not default to normal.
    A SERVICE message comes up and once that does, the up / down buttons do not register on the dash.
    How much trouble am I in.. Over
    I believe there is a maxi fuse under the passenger headlight somewhere.
    I had one go on my old C5 X7 wagon, which caused the hydraulic pump to not operate.
    Biker likes this.
    Leon

1986 Peugeot 505 GTD (Donor car)
    1987 Peugeot 505 GTD
    1988 Peugeot 505 GTD (For Sale)
    1992 Peugeot Familiale Wagon (For Sale)
    2007 VW EOS TDi
    2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 HDi

Thanks for reply.. I did have a look as mentioned, but no go, no fuze box in sight.
    used slim torch and looked from above.

I think you are on the right track
    the function is clearly disabled...

Thanks for reply.. I did have a look as mentioned, but no go, no fuze box in sight.

http://www.citroen-owners-club.co.uk...ry-fuses-list/
    Leon

1987 Peugeot 505 GTD
    2007 VW EOS TDi

1000+ Posts

There's a housing immediately on the kerb side of the battery. Perhaps a red cover. It's battery out to do much with it.

If you disconnect the battery follow the procedure in the handbook. The computer must hibernate fully first or you are in trouble. There's also a wait for reconnection.

1000+ Posts

Hi Ian
    On my old C5 the maxi fuse location was not marked as such and would not be found by a casual look. Some removals required to get to them.
    Good luck Jaahn

UFO

Stating the bleeding obvious, but until you find and replace the fuse, do not drive the car as you will damage it.

Ok so piecing together all the advice, battery removed, red box removed and lid separated..
    Inside there are several fuzed links. It would be good to know what each is for.. any links folks?
    The engine end read 40, I had read on a UK Forum that it was a 40amp fuze that caused a similar issue.
    Removed that fuze, on the underside the clear window showed a break in the wire.. bingo ( I hope)
    Clearly a Citroen part so now I have to locate another..
    Bit of a drama being unfamiliar, but it's nice to see how well it's all put together... now for some breakfast and change out of pyjamas.
    Armidillo likes this.

Ok so piecing together all the advice, battery removed, red box removed and lid separated..
    Inside there are several fuzed links. It would be good to know what each is for.. any links folks?
    The engine end read 40, I had read on a UK Forum that it was a 40amp fuze that caused a similar issue.
    Removed that fuze, on the underside the clear window showed a break in the wire.. bingo ( I hope)
    Bit of a drama being unfamiliar, but it's nice to see how well it's all put together... now for some breakfast and change out of pyjamas.
    Now you just have to find out what caused the fuse to blow
    Leon

1987 Peugeot 505 GTD
    2007 VW EOS TDi

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Stating the bleeding obvious, but until you find and replace the fuse, do not drive the car as you will damage it.
    Thanks mate, By all means, feel free to offer advice, rather I learn from the mistake of others than my own..
    I did drive up the road and back, on tar to see if it would default to normal that way, I am so nieve..
    Have learnt now, after just 2 days that Citroen vehicles are different to meat pie and footy cars.

Am prepared to embrace the thought the servo motor is stuffed
    That a new one will break the bank and even then will not match my CPU.
    I will then have to have it trucked the 150Klm to a Dealer seaking a device to make it work.
    By this time the cost of the car will have doubled and I will be thinking of a divorce.
    Or it may go well..
    One's destiny is hard to dodge and I know that.
    Wherever you squeeze the balloon, it will pop out someplace and this is better than a broken leg.
    So I am relying on philosophy to see me through at this stage..
    I always have the Hik to fall back on, which has no issues and more power being an RHH and yet, less grunt, go figure.. (maybe a simple vac leak fix.. no idea what I am talking about by the way)
    Last edited by Biker; 19th January 2018 at 11:36 AM.

1000+ Posts

You can get info for a fee by joining service.citroen as a repairer. See for example the UK notes -http://service.citroen.com/cgv/DOCTECH_ctc_GB.pdf for what's what.

If you can read French, or don't mind online translators, I recommend the French publications from Revue Technique Auto. Your RHR motor is the DW10BTED4 version, and you obviously need a manual for the last post 2008 series. C5s were built with a bewildering number of engines and fittings, not all found in Australia. These can be purchased online for download and the text is easily copied out to a translation site as needed. They are well illustrated. Cost (Euros) is of the order of $40.

Lastly, the mechanics' handbook (carnet de poche) from 2008 is here - http://service.citroen.com/dtt/CDP/d...II/2008_c5.zip. This is only available in a French version, but covers RHR cars. Although a large document it mainly covers engines.

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    There's a housing immediately on the kerb side of the battery. Perhaps a red cover. It's battery out to do much with it.

If you disconnect the battery follow the procedure in the handbook. The computer must hibernate fully first or you are in trouble. There's also a wait for reconnection.
    I read the notes on the battery in The Handbook but no mention of hibernation of the CPU except everything must be Off including the security alarm, which I don't have. Pls advise if you meant otherwise.
    Does this site have links to Technical data, wiring diagrams etc that I can source? Other than what Johnn has access too.
    Last edited by Biker; 19th January 2018 at 02:09 PM.

1000+ Posts

The paid by the hour Citroen site has everything. See the link above. Sometimes someone in China will put it all on DVDs for sale. Excerpt pages often get posted in AF and other forums.

Revue Technique Auto manuals are pretty thorough and usually supply wiring diagrams. They leave such as Haynes way behind. In French.

The Carnet is abbreviated, but free and very useful for engine work, eg timing belts. A section discusses suspension adjustment. In French.

Earlier Citroen cars could become opera or soccer stars if you disconnected/reconnected improperly. C5s basically need a long pause after turning things off, and another long pause after reconnecting the battery. To be safe, double what the book says. The reason is that the computer systems are never not functioning. If power shuts too quickly some systems will not have returned to the initial state which can be recovered from, and odd things will misbehave when power returns.
    Biker likes this.

Fellow Frogger

Always start with ensuring the battery is good. The electrical demands are high and a weak battery is not OK. You need to load test it or use a tester that checks conductance rather than just reading the voltage with a multimeter.

The suspension pump motor can sometimes be drowned in LDS from the reservoir above it. If the brushes have carbon and LDS mixed together it can blow the maxi-fuse near the pump. You might be able to replace the fuse and clean out the brushes to have it working again. Chase a good used pump if you need to. The ECU can be removed from the electro- mechanical portion is you need to swap it, but it is not VIN-coded to the vehicle like the BSI and engine ECU.

1000+ Posts

Hi Ian
    The maxie fuse I replaced (*) was a standard maxie fuse that I purchased at Supercheap. Most people have never seen them as they seldom 'blow' but there are a range of large rated fuses used in new cars that are all standard types. No need to go to Citroen I think.
    Jaahn
    PS Ian ask me about the Citroen service site if you want to know more !
    PPS * I did not actually replace a blown fuse in mine, I needed one as I fitted non standard electric seats and there was no fuse even though the wiring was there

Ok so Citroen have no fuzes as such available in Au: Plat Midi 40A part No: 9665407980
    So I am relieved to read what dear Johnn has to say. thanks once again.

Am going to take the fuze from the 'spare' car which is, after all, my excuse to purchase can be a little more justified.
    By moving 'parts' from one car to the other.. happy wife is happy life someone said.

Just to see if it blows as well, then I can not only chase two fuzes but a servo motor as well..

Battery is new.
    fuze replacement will tell more.. Over

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Always start with ensuring the battery is good. The electrical demands are high and a weak battery is not OK. You need to load test it or use a tester that checks conductance rather than just reading the voltage with a multimeter.

The suspension pump motor can sometimes be drowned in LDS from the reservoir above it. If the brushes have carbon and LDS mixed together it can blow the maxi-fuse near the pump. You might be able to replace the fuse and clean out the brushes to have it working again. Chase a good used pump if you need to. The ECU can be removed from the electromechanical portion is you need to swap it, but it is not VIN-coded to the vehicle like the BSI and engine ECU.
    Sounds doable, if the replacement fuze blows I'l remove the pump and see what can be done and why it's offering up resistance or just unhappy through contamination. From what I understand, the original electronics can be reinstalled on another pump without to much drama with linking to the ECU That's nice. So thanks I wasn't sure where the pump was but I know now.. under the reservoir.
    Last edited by Biker; 19th January 2018 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi Ian

The maxie fuse I replaced (*) was a standard maxie fuse that I purchased at Supercheap. Most people have never seen them as they seldom 'blow' but there are a range of large rated fuses used in new cars that are all standard types. No need to go to Citroen I think.
    Jaahn utocal A
    PS Ian ask me about the Citroen service site if you want to know more !
    PPS * I did not actually replace a blown fuse in mine, I needed one as I fitted non standard electric seats and there was no fuse even though the wiring was there
    A local Wagga Spares has rigged me up a remote 40A fuze to trial.. later we can find the correct Plat Midi 40A.
    That way I can leave 'Spares car' in peace.. Complete unit including wiring and 5 fuzes $14,40 with a mate that works in there to pick up Monday for me, is about a 200Klm round trip. Working smarter not harder.

1000+ Posts

Get someone to get some LDS fluid too if you are thinking of working on the pump. It is NOT LHM used in earlier cars. Expensive from dealers, but you may find some from a Total or Penrite outlet.

As a new owner, if you want to see C5 X7s being built in the factory at Rennes, youtube "usine psa rennes c5". There are three parts.
    Biker likes this.

1000+ Posts

I should have added - there is a "procedure" for topping up/filling and purging the suspension LDS. It is in the carnet. With a diagnostic computer and without. There are accounts in AF - it is straightforward

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    I should have added - there is a "procedure" for topping up/filling and purging the suspension LDS. It is in the carnet. With a diagnostic computer and without. There are accounts in AF - it is straightforward
    Straightforward is good.. Question: What is carnet and what is AF. Over

UFO

Straightforward is good.. Question: What is carnet and what is AF. Over
    AF= AussieFrogs

Hi all,
    I see lots of posts and good advice. But "newly acquired"? Warranty item? Or was it a private sale, therefore the risks all on you?
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

1000+ Posts

carnet: see post #12

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information