vacuum amplifier valve problems
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default vacuum amplifier valve problems

hi there ,
    (1994 build 306 s16 )

Here goes: I finaly got a amplifier valve with the help of a friend , and now I am havin' problems making the system work.
    The amplifier valve is a plastic thingie with 4 hose connectors going into it 2 large white ones and 2 black ( one large and one narrow ) the valve looks like a cross , the white ones on the sides and the black ones situated down and up.
    So if anyone could tell me if I connected it wrong please tell me , any help regarding it , whould be greatly apreciated. So i connected them like this:
    1.(white-left side) to the ?vacum pump? on the engine
    2.(white-right side) the a pipe going right into the inlet manifold
    3.(black-down side) to the big round thingie - ?brake servo?
    4.(black-up side , small connector) to the solenoid valve that has connected to it the diaphragms ( dome shaped things from the top of the manifold)

Is this configuration corect ?? Anyone ??

I must specify that in this configuration the diaphragms don't moove they stay stuck , and only when disconnecting the pipe that goes to them they come down ...

(Please excuse the terrible english ... )

Advertisement

thanks in advance ,

mircea

There is another component between the booster and the two diaphrams, a single solenoid which governs when vacume is given to the diaphrams. Have you got this, otherwise the diaphrams will always be 'on'.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Tadpole

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    There is another component between the booster and the two diaphrams, a single solenoid which governs when vacume is given to the diaphrams. Have you got this, otherwise the diaphrams will always be 'on'.
    Yeah I got the solenoid valve , it's shapped like a barell , and at one side has 2 connections the horizontal one goes to the diaphragms , and the vertical one I've connected to the amplifier valve , to the solenoid also comes a connector (brown) from the ecu , but still the valves are always "on".

Should they open graduately with the increase of rpm ?? Or how should they function ... ?

mircea

PS: Do you happen to know how that solenoid valve is called , so I could search google , and find out what voltage is normal for that part to recieve ...

Thread Information