205 oil temp sensor availability
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default 205 oil temp sensor availability

Thought i might replace my oil temp sensor in the sump as it has a dodgy looking rod at the end like most of them get.
    From Peugeot they are big $$ it seems [if they still have them ] so i was wondering if there is any aftermarket tricks/supply for these items ??

Advertisement
    jr20516v

Now:
    Honda EP3 supercharged , 205 GTi 1.9, Exige SC [modded], 205 Si., Colt Ralliart [ highly modded ]

Previous: 205 x33 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2

Mine lost its terminal flush with the case, so I exposed a bit more of it by dremeling away a bit of the plastic around and soldered a pigtail. I rebuilt the end with silicone over the join and seven years later it still works very well.

I used a quality tinned silicone wire to make sure it doesn't break off or corrode.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 10th August 2017 at 11:30 PM.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

1000+ Posts

Cheers for that. I will go that way as well pending if they are available aftermarket or similar. Mine is also leaking though :{
    jr20516v

Now:
    Honda EP3 supercharged , 205 GTi 1.9, Exige SC [modded], 205 Si., Colt Ralliart [ highly modded ]

Previous: 205 x33 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2

Hi John,

do a search on Peugeot 024250

I'm sure there will be lots of gereric replacements out there
    cheers Craig

There were x2 different thread diameters with these senders also so make sure you measure it (which means unfortunately dropping oil.) I took a punt when I was in the UK a few years back and bought one (based on VIN)... turned out it was the wrong one. I got the correct one a couple of years after on another trip. That was direct from a Peugeot dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MayheM

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v View Post
    Cheers for that. I will go that way as well pending if they are available aftermarket or similar. Mine is also leaking though :{

You mean through the sender?!

That would be surprising because the temp sender is not open on the inside so to speak because it doesn't need to be.

The heat transfer takes place through the brass casing.

If it does leak through for some reason, I would try to solder it. Might not be a permanent fix, but you never know. I would be worried of the temperatures reached in normal service, which are dangerously close to the meting temperature of solder (and the cycling itself can't help either). But like I said, you never know until you try.

I would first make sure the leak is not due to the copper washer being verschnickered.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 11th August 2017 at 11:22 AM.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Quote Originally Posted by MayheM View Post
    There were x2 different thread diameters with these senders also so make sure you measure it (which means unfortunately dropping oil.) I took a punt when I was in the UK a few years back and bought one (based on VIN)... turned out it was the wrong one. I got the correct one a couple of years after on another trip. That was direct from a Peugeot dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good point there definitely are two types

PETROL XU UP TO 09/1993 0242 50 SENDING UNIT DIAM 16
    PETROL XU SINCE 09/1993 0242 81 SENDING UNIT DIAM 14

Thread Information