spotties
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: spotties

Default spotties

does anyone have spot lights mounted on the front of their car? The new victoria marked BA cop cars have inspired me, if your not familiar the cars are mounted with a singe metal bar just above the number plate connected to the front bumper, mounted on the metal bar are two small spot lights one blue one red . For fear of being mistaken for a 306 s16 police pursuit car I would substitute the blue and red lights for larger spot lights, rally style! The look extremely neat on the police cars, no obnoxious mounting bar or half bull bar type set up, just an inconspicuous metal bar. Anyway...getting back to my point, does anyone have a similar setup? or pictures of what I'm trying to describe . Also does anyone know where one would go about getting this type of install, cost etc.

Cheers

Advertisement
    FOR SALE 1995 PEUGEOT 306S16

XTC

Had them on my old car ... similar set up .. bar and 2x100w spots (rally 1000's need to put the stabliser on the top to make then rock solid ... auto sparky charged me a bottle of burbon to install (was a mate). Lights cost about $140 each. Turned night into day - I miss them.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Had them on my old car ... similar set up .. bar and 2x100w spots (rally 1000's need to put the stabliser on the top to make then rock solid ... auto sparky charged me a bottle of burbon to install (was a mate). Lights cost about $140 each. Turned night into day - I miss them.

- XTC206 -
    nice one, any photos?
    FOR SALE 1995 PEUGEOT 306S16

You can buy those bars from most auto accessory places. They bolt onto the front bumper using the number plate bolt holes.

I had some brackets made up for my S16 that bolted on under the front bumper (to existing bolts) and allowed for spotties to be mounted next to the fog lights. I didn't buy the number plate bar because I wouldn't have been able to use the carbra with it.
    David
    Former 306 S16 owner- now own a Mondeo ST24 V6

Thread Information