Cold start valves
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cold start valves

Default Cold start valves

Tinkering with the cold start valve on my 205GTI, I found that even though it appears to work, air is not cut off completely when the valve is shut. Now I have a few to play with but was wondering, is it supposed to?

If you don't know what I am talking about, here it is:

Advertisement

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/att...0gti-inlet.jpg

The little doodad on top of the throttle body at bottom left with a green and a yellow wire coming out of it.

My car idles fine, but I would like to know.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Fellow Frogger!

Early types had some form of bimetallic spring supplemented by a warming circuit.

Subsequently if the engine if warm as you have just been into the shops etc the bimetallic spring is already warm so its not open. Hence why it's mounted to part of the inlet manifold to soak the heat.

No big deal if it stays a bit open as the iac will modulate less air for idle speed.

It becomes a big deal if you turbo or super the car because it will bleed boost.

My advice is if it idles ok just shut the bonnet and then you can't see it.

Lots of new cars just rely upon the iac to do both now.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    BR

Building a race car is easy - building a race car that can be road registered is hard.

For any custom fabrication call Precision One Off Engineering - Sydney 02 4587 8666

That is the air bleed for the A/C. It increases RPM when the A/C is on. It has nothing to do with cold start.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information