Valve body reconditioning, any success stories?
  • Help

Default Valve body reconditioning, any success stories?

I know this is another AL4 query but could be useful for all auto boxes.

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully reconditioned there own valve body or found a company in AU that can including pressure testing.

I see Sonnax sells all the test equipment for a pressure wet test but does Alltranz actually have this equipment to guarantee a tested rebuild.

I have just rebuilt my spare unit but had no success in increasing the line pressure so I must have a valve body leak somewhere, previously this unit was very gunked up and internal converter lockup filter was blocked solid.

Any recommendations. ..

Sent from my GT-I9195T using aussiefrogs mobile app

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Hi Dimistyle
    I am no expert here but just suggesting somethings from common sense. If you rebuilt the valve body and did not find a very worn item there or a crack or whatever that looks suspect, it would make me look elsewhere.
    It was suggested, I think, some time in the past there was a crack or porosity in the casing causing the problems. Not sure what this might mean in your case ! Or has somebody left out a ball/spring/spool or put it in the wrong place ?? Common problems in some brands.
    But seeing as you have been doing a lot of things in that area, then is it time to step back and relook at the whole problem with fresh eyes.
    Good luck jaahn

Thanks John I have been using the valve body from the petrol box which has a worn F3 bore so I don't have 1st or 2nd but fine for highway driving as will not drop into limp mode. So reverting back to the original for results before any new Replacement needs to Be Purchased

Hi Dimistyle,
    There is an Aussiefrogs member named Frenchtranstech who once advertised that he understands the AL4 valve problem and sells reconditioned units (probably on an exchange basis, I guess). Look up his name in the members list and take a look at some of his posts.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beano View Post
    Hi Dimistyle,
    There is an Aussiefrogs member named Frenchtranstech who once advertised that he understands the AL4 valve problem and sells reconditioned units (probably on an exchange basis, I guess). Look up his name in the members list and take a look at some of his posts.....
    Here is a start, there are others - Al4 /DPO modified super slippery replacement Pressure Solenoids
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

He has not responded to direct emails to date plus it's not the solenoid problem it's the actual valve body. Anyway thanks for the info

Well Alltranz can only sell parts and exchange valve bodies are pricey. AL4 ones have to come from NZ. But they put me on to a crowd in Underwood which I'm trying to track down anyone know of Valve Bodies Australia? Can't Google them?

Thread Information