It looks like I've found my mi16 engine! I figured I may aswell upgrade/replace other parts since the car will be off-road for a while.
The car is a S1 205 Gti.
- Engine Mounts..If they ain't broke do you fix it?
- The Brakes are worn and need a change.. what's a good upgrade? Find a set from a 206?
- It's hard to explain, but it feels like the front wheels are about to roll off on sharp turns. Could this be worn Driveshafts or some kind of bearing issue? Where could I find replacement shafts?
- Mi16 Timing belt kit, $230 from EAI. Is this ok or should I look to purchase elsewhere?
- Anyone have a Quaife LSD for BE1? I don't plan on hitting the tracks but is it worth the upgrade?
- Is there anything else I should be looking at doing? Just pretend this is your car for a moment with no budget
As you could tell I'm punching way above my head with all this but I'm keen to have a go. I'd really like to get this done right first time. Thanks!