Recommendation for Dyno tuner Perth - Peugeot 205 MI16
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Recommendation for Dyno tuner Perth - Peugeot 205 MI16

Fellow Frogger!

Default Recommendation for Dyno tuner Perth - Peugeot 205 MI16

I've had my 205 MI16 series 2 tuned by a company in Osborne Park, but they never seemed to rectify all my engine issues. More excuses, more money, but no results. If anyone can recommend a good dyno tuner in Perth that they have used with a similar setup please shout out. Running a Haltech Sport 1000

Thanks

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

I can't say that I have ever had a setup like that tuned but Sean at All Star Garage is a tuner I would trust.

Sent from my Pixel using aussiefrogs mobile app

Whats the issue with the current tune?
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Whats the issue with the current tune?
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks BG5WRC, will contact All Star Garage.

Cam, the issue i am having right now is the car wont idle at all. Car was running fine and then stopped. Ive got to test a couple things like stepper motor and loose pipe work . Ive been in contact with haltch trying to pinpoint an issue, but this problem seems more hardware.
    Ive always had an intermittent idle issue that my tuner has never been able to fix. Car idle's most of the time, but if you're driving along and take the car out of gear, the car will stall sometimes (not catch at 900rpm idle speed). This is the issue i really want to have fixed. Gota love intermittent faults!

Quote Originally Posted by griffo View Post
    Thanks BG5WRC, will contact All Star Garage. Cam, the issue i am having right now is the car wont idle at all. Car was running fine and then stopped. Ive got to test a couple things like stepper motor and loose pipe work . Ive been in contact with haltch trying to pinpoint an issue, but this problem seems more hardware.
    Ive always had an intermittent idle issue that my tuner has never been able to fix. Car idle's most of the time, but if you're driving along and take the car out of gear, the car will stall sometimes (not catch at 900rpm idle speed). This is the issue i really want to have fixed. Gota love intermittent faults!
    Our wonderful Citroen BX 19TZi (1.9 litre Peugeot 205 GTi motor) had the same problem of sometimes stalling, not idling, when revs dropped quickly. We never sorted it out in ten years, ended up just putting up with it. Academically, I'll be interested if you fix it!

Best of luck of course.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Fellow Frogger!

Some inspirational words John I've put up with mine for nearly 1 year... So 9 years to go? I bloody hope not!
    Cheers

I hope not too. We used to get the orange engine light coming on occasionally too, immediately after hard acceleration. It would go out after a while. The only error code found was oxygen sensor, but replacing it made no difference. Nothing ever went wrong in that area, it just drove and drove. Great car and great engine.

The suspicion was a minor problem in the ecu but I never tried swapping.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Sounds like an advance issue in the haltech or stepper motor is tired or in need or a clean.

Im not expert though. PeterT knows the haltech well and may have some input.
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car

Perhaps the RPM set into the ECU of the point where the injectors re-engage after taking your foot off the throttle at say 3000 rpm is set too low with cam etc fitted, causing it to stumble. I would set it up a little to 1800 rpm.

I have for fun at times turned off the injection cut when taking your foot off the throttle on my old BMW 2002Tii. In my car you then get huge flames out the exhaust on over run. It looks impressive, but only adds to the amount of fuel used and a little less compression braking. I currently have the over run injection cut function engaged.
    '56 Renault 4CV (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '82 Renault Fuego GTX
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '02 and '03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee+

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Cam, will have a look at all options I'm capable of doing. If all else fails...back to a tuner.
    Alan, I will have this checked out and see what the injectors are set at.
    Thanks

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Griffo, may I strongly suggest that you make sure the dyno operator knows Haltech stuff well and has a reliable contact at Haltech.

I was sponsored by Haltech and assisted with some R&D on my Porsche Turbo race car. We once had an occasional engine stumble that was so intermittent it never showed up on any normal tests. Haltech later found there was a production problem affecting some sensors.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for your advise Bustamif. The tuner i use is a haltech approved dealer... but i don't rate his work. One of my issues was the throttle occasionally stuck at 2000rpm. Tuner couldn't find the issue. I suggested him to call haltech for advise. His response was "there is nothing haltech can tell me i don't know". I took my car away, called haltech, connected my laptop, adjusted the zero % throttle from .7% to .8%.....problem solved within 2hrs. This is what i'm dealing with, hence why i'm trying to find someone to advise a good tuner in Perth. Cheers

Sounds like he's done learning.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Fellow Frogger!

I see why you have a tuning problem when the dyno operator has that attitude. I don't know any current operators in Perth, maybe go back to Haltech and tell them about your experience with their approved dyno operator, they must have more than one they can recommend.

Your problem is also Haltechs problem.

Fellow Frogger!

Agreed! I'm hoping someone has used another Haltech dealer in Perth that they can recommend.

griffo,
    Has your system got a micro switch on the throttle body? You can hear it operating by lightly opening and closing the throttle.

1000+ Posts

I think I know what the idle problem could be. You have a 405 engine and transmission? If you look at the speedo gear drive on the transmission at the rear, there are wires attached - there is a vehicle motion sensor inside. If it fails the car will stall at idle, and particularly when idling to a stop or near stop at corners, traffic, etc.

Fellow Frogger!

Thats right, 405 Mi16 xu10j4 with matching BE3 g/box. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the vehicle motion sensor?
    Thanks

Fellow Frogger!

Wildebeest - I have a GTI6 inlet manifold. Not sure on the micro switch, but i can't recall hearing anything when cracking the throttle.

1000+ Posts

griffo, I haven't seen one for 15 years, and if Dr Alzheimer hasn't got me it's a nylon fitting held on with a single bolt. I remember that these used to fail, and people chased up everything else.

Fellow Frogger!

I tested my Stepper motor, which works fine. Pulled all associated pipe work off, cleaned the slight grim/grease build up inside pipes, put it back together and all is working fine! Not sure how a minor amount of grim build could have caused it to not idle, but engine is idling best as ever! Thanks for all the advise!

They gunk up from time to time.

Good work.
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car

They gunk up from time to time.

Good work.
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car