AL4 known working solenoid wanted QLD
  • Help
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AL4 known working solenoid wanted QLD

Default AL4 known working solenoid wanted QLD

Does anyone have a spare or known good working AL4 BW solenoid. Out of the 4 I have one is good. My replacement will not be delivered until end of the month and have the car now stuck in the garage unless I swap solenoids over for the 4th time.

Will come and collect if in Brisbane

Advertisement

Sick of pulling out the valve body that's for sure but at least I'm getting efficient on the torx screws now

Sent from my GT-I9195T using aussiefrogs mobile app

Yay replacement solenoid has arrived. Managed to drain oil and remove valve body. Is there anyway to test the solenoids before they go back in? Now just wondering if valve body needs to be stripped down?

Any suggestions?

1000+ Posts

Hi,
    Just a comment from my experience. When we did a solenoid change on a vehicle which had previously had them changed in the paperwork, I noted that the valve body screws were very unevenly tightened. Not sure if that was a reason for the problem. But I always used my small torque wrench to do them up anyway and in the recommended order.
    Jaahn

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi,
    Just a comment from my experience. When we did a solenoid change on a vehicle which had previously had them changed in the paperwork, I noted that the valve body screws were very unevenly tightened. Not sure if that was a reason for the problem. But I always used my small torque wrench to do them up anyway and in the recommended order.
    Jaahn
    When Tony (Shanadoo) worked on my valve body we also swapped out the torx screws for hex, much more positive and less prone to damage when fitting and removal. Small torque wrench a must !

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Okay I'm about to give up on this C5. Replaced the faulty solenoid absolutely no change okay so may have been the EMV solenoid. So swapped that one over. ...still no change. Right I drove this car 2 weeks ago. Went into limp home mode. Connected to lexia to show pressure difference fault. Now that I have cleared the faults the car won't move at all. Disconnected the battery for a couple of hours reconnect and start but no movement. WTF is wrong with this auto? Any ideas. Sorry can't connect lexia this weekend laptop fail. Sorry Ken sounds like a hard drive fail. So 2 out of 3 so far this weekend. Bloody great anniversary present😢

Before Xmas took the advise of others and swapped out the complete valve body. This gave me 3rd and 4th both with converter locked and unlocked which I did not have before. 1st and 2nd are non-existant. I have replaced a couple of the smaller solenoids in the attempt to get back the F3 brand. Question is can valve bodies be different I have a 2002 version and the original 2004. I'm convinced it's a valve body issue so will attempt again to clean my original unit fully and swap again. Any thoughts a valve body differences?

Thread Information