807 engine experts help please.
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 807 engine experts help please.

Is there an 807 guru out there that can tell me the procedure for fitting the 31mm oil pump to a standard 807 engine.

Is the 5mm taken out in the block or pump body? Is the pump body deeper? How does Renault achieve it?

Advertisement

Help this dummy please.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    BR

Building a race car is easy - building a race car that can be road registered is hard.

For any custom fabrication call Precision One Off Engineering - Sydney 02 4587 8666

You're in luck.

It is the pump cover (or bottom) that is different to accomodate the longer rotor, so all you need is to buy the R12G oil pump cover (still available from overseas). And rotor, of course. You don't need a new block or modifications to the one you have.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Fellow Frogger!

Cool - thanks for the info - may i ask when you say "still available from overseas" does anyone actually know where?

The 31mm guts is everywhere but the pump housing i cannot even begin to find.

ta,

BR
    BR

Building a race car is easy - building a race car that can be road registered is hard.

For any custom fabrication call Precision One Off Engineering - Sydney 02 4587 8666

Mecaparts if all else fails.

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi,

i've never seen the pump body at Mecaparts. I think it used to be listed years ago at gbs alpine - but doesnt seem to be there now.

Has anyone bought one lately? I wonder if there is enough meat in the pump body to machine a standard one out?

BR
    BR

The Renault 18GTS(which was the car sold in Australia) oil pump is also the deeper type, and was available new complete with pickup casting in the past. The 18 has the same shape sump as the R15/17 so the pump will fit your current sump.
    '56 Renault 4CV (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '82 Renault Fuego GTX
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '02 and '03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee+

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for the info. Seems even an 18gts pump body is non existent. All eBay's and Web show nothing. Maybe I should draw and machine a 5mm spacer? Probably that goes in the too hard basket...

BR

Hi BR, in the "old days" Alpine used to sell a 5mm spacer plate. I sold 2 in motors I built in ZA and then made my own. Never seen the pickup with recess. Obviously came much later.

Ray
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Fellow Frogger!

Ta ray, might be the go. A larger pump through volume would be preferential.
    Unfortunately it seems everything I want to do involves a pile swarf....

BR

HA!

You lucky dog.

I wish I had a mill.

Nah, not enough meat to machine an ordinary pump.

All you need is a 5mm thick piece of aluminium. I could make one by hand, it is that simple. Problem is, it would take forever.

Thread Information