95 405 Mi16 wet front floor mats
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 95 405 Mi16 wet front floor mats

After using the aircon. for any length of time in my series 2 405 MI16, the carpet on the drivers side gets a good drink of cold water from somewhere. My deparate hope is that it is some sort of mis-directed drain from the aircon system rather than the heater core. It is always cold which makes me think aircon. Any suggestions???

Advertisement
    95 MI16
    71 404 U10 ute
    66 404 coupe
    55 203C (gently warmed) gone... sold...

hmmmm now that doesnt sound fun...
    When I first saw it i thought it was just cause your back tray inthe bay would be flodding lettng water into the car.. but the air con making it wet
    Buzzed 405...Got a problem?

I enjoyed replacing 3 heater cores in my 740 Turbo. Don't know why, they just kept crapping myself, considering taking it out took the best part of the day, it took 2 days to get the thing repaired, and another day to put it back in, was not much fun!

Nick

This sounds like an easy fix - there should be a drain pipe from the evaporator casing (ie the heater/AC unit) to let out the water that condenses on the evaporator. I'm laying money that it has popped off. Wriggle around under the dash and look for the hose that isnt connected.

If its a heater core, you will get hot green smelly water dripping onto the carpet all the time, not just when you use the AC.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon
    This sounds like an easy fix - there should be a drain pipe from the evaporator casing (ie the heater/AC unit) to let out the water that condenses on the evaporator. I'm laying money that it has popped off. Wriggle around under the dash and look for the hose that isnt connected.

If its a heater core, you will get hot green smelly water dripping onto the carpet all the time, not just when you use the AC.

That sounds like the trouble. Having just spent 45 mins grovelling around in the drivers foot well, I sthill haven't suceeded in actually getting to the A/C unit. Waht is the bets way to get in there without buggering anything?
    95 MI16
    71 404 U10 ute
    66 404 coupe

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi 03
    That sounds like the trouble. Having just spent 45 mins grovelling around in the drivers foot well, I sthill haven't suceeded in actually getting to the A/C unit. Waht is the bets way to get in there without buggering anything?

Ignore that, I have found it. Remove the plastic shroud above the pedals, take out the screw at the front of the carpet panel on the side of the console, pull out the front edge of the carpet and there it is a drain at the bottom of the a/c unit with the hose which should be attached to it, sitting along side.

Thanks heaps for that. No more wet feet!!!
    95 MI16
    71 404 U10 ute
    66 404 coupe

Thread Information