Technical info needed for 306 forged pistons
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Technical info needed for 306 forged pistons

ok guys, finally getting my shit in gear and boosting my power more....

I've pulled the car off the road now to start the new engine build and to finally finish my stereo

Ok, so im ordering some forged pistons and rods but i dont know the specs apart from the desired compression ratio.

Advertisement

Im going for some JE pistons, but open for reccomendations on what rods.

So the question is where do i find out the following that is info JE need, as im going to use a friend to put it together.

- desired finished bore size
    - crankshaft stroke
    - headgasket thickness (its a standard one) and do i need to change this for a stronger one?
    - displacement
    - ring configuration
    - valve reliefs
    - Floater or press fit pins
    - wrist pin diameter

BTW what else do you think i need engine wise to keep the thing together with around 200kw atw? The head is really sorted, and im ordering rods... do i need to do anything to the crank? Special bearings, bolts or seals? i dont know much about this area....

PS how do i find out if Hollinger can make custon gears for my box, cost really doesnt matter but i need something that will take 200-250kw atw
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Peugeot 306, garrett GT25 turbo, 3" exhaust, microtech LT8 ECU, 16.7 psi, front mount cooler, Chris Milton race port&polish w/ 3 angle cut valves and redesigned combustion chamber, 186hp atw for now... injectors ran out of puff
    NOS COMING SOON!

1000+ Posts

Blimey. I've read your posts with great interest...

The first thing I'd ask is have you got a workshop manual?!?

Even a bloody Haynes manual will give you most of that info, except for probably the head gasket thickness and valve relief question. These are very basic specifications.

If you want to modify any parts (such as giving the piston to bore more clearance) the engine builder (friend?) should be able to tell you. Likewise, he should be TELLING you what else you need, such as brand new head retaining studs which would be imperative on such an engine.

Onya

Stuey
    Last edited by Stuey; 9th April 2004 at 12:03 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

i dont have a workshop manual, dont know where to get one, but want one for sure.
    i tried ebay with no luck

here's what i have to answer...

Last edited by turbopeugeot306; 9th April 2004 at 06:00 PM.
    Peugeot 306, garrett GT25 turbo, 3" exhaust, microtech LT8 ECU, 16.7 psi, front mount cooler, Chris Milton race port&polish w/ 3 angle cut valves and redesigned combustion chamber, 186hp atw for now... injectors ran out of puff
    NOS COMING SOON!

Fellow Frogger!

i have a friend that is putting it together, but the engine builder im just going to show the liners to determine what can be done
    NOS COMING SOON!

Hey mate, I havent done much work on the pur engine itself, but the places where I found the best people to talk to about engine components and what not were actual engine work shops, i built a nice engineup for me mazda, and they really knew everything that you would expect to need to know about bulding an engine.
    Do you know if your going to have to strengthen the valvesprings in any way? or doubling them?

I was goin to write up in your other thread but it closed b4 I could, but hey good luck...

Trouzz
    Buzzed 405...Got a problem?

For gods sake dude, find someone who knows what they are doing with your engine. If this engine builder (mate) doesn't know the answers to the questions get someone else to build the engine. The engine needs to be a complete package, not a bunch of parts that have trendy brand names.

And if he can't even tell you that you really need as much bore thickness as you can get to try and stop the liners from distorting under high boost then I don't have much hope of your engine staying together for a long time.

My advice. FIND A REAL ENGINE BUILDER!!!!

Fellow Frogger!

done and done
    NOS COMING SOON!

Thread Information