Climate control
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Climate control

Default Climate control

My 93' series 1 mi16 is bloody freezing on a cold day. The heater just stopped working. It has climate control as do all of them and the motor stopped making the noise it usually does when you turn the control and now it just blows cold air. As it is now coming up to winter i am keen on fixing this problem and was wondering if anyone would now of what it could be thats wrong and how i could fix it?

Advertisement

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Mi16
    My 93' series 1 mi16 is bloody freezing on a cold day. The heater just stopped working. It has climate control as do all of them and the motor stopped making the noise it usually does when you turn the control and now it just blows cold air. As it is now coming up to winter i am keen on fixing this problem and was wondering if anyone would now of what it could be thats wrong and how i could fix it?
    If it genuinely has climate control, their is likely to be a small air intake somewhere in the cabin that pulls air in over a temp sensor.

For example on the Cit XM it is in the centre overhead console and is a round slotted vent about the size of a $2 coin. Above this is the sensor and a small motor and fan that sucks air in. I took the console out of my car one day and blew 7 years of dust and fluff out of it. Air con worked far better after that.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Hey sounds kinda like mine, but i think that is cause i moved a wire under the dash hmm i gotta fix that
    Buzzed 405...Got a problem?

This happened to our Mi16 a while back, apparently its quite common. The temp is operated by a small gear motor situated on the right side of the heater unit, its about the size of a cig packet, the gear breaks and that then BURNS!! to control unit/module that its attached to ( follow the wires ). Very exy to fix. If you need a temporary fix, remove gear motor ( 2 screws I think ) and you will see rectangular shaft protruding from the heater unit, you will be able to turn this with a suitable spanner and hey presto!! HEAT, hopes this helps. cheers josephk PS some control modules can be repaired, hope!!!
    Last edited by josephk; 31st March 2004 at 02:04 PM.
    eugeot 2001 406 Coupe Polo Green.
    :Saab 9-3: 2000 Viggen Convertible Lightning Blue, BSR 424NM frightening!!!
    :Saab 95: 2001 Aero Black Wagon. 184kw .
    :Saab 900: 1993 Classic Convertable Blue.

$$$ SAVE BANK INTEREST AND BUY MORE TOYS!!

hey mr mi16 you should just eat a dutch sausage and relax , the heater isnt broken your just a cold person, haha
    only kidding

choda boy!
    http://www.peugeotperformance.net/gallery/205/garett205gti/garett205gti.html

Same in my wifes car. Dunno if its the ECU, the servo or the temp control switch. Multimeter is fried. This is not as easy as you think to fix. I was told a cuppla little diodes or whatever they are ( in the ECU) were suspect. I replaced these but it didn't fix it. If you expose the workings of it all, you can reach in and turn the heater tap on and off easily. Perhaps putting a frictioned cable on this tap would be the go. You really need access to a spare ECU and servo to identify what's playing up.

Thread Information