Stinger 3 ECU
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Stinger 3 ECU

Default Stinger 3 ECU

Hey dudes!

Ive been looking for mods to do on the 16 Valve and its obvious that eventually i will need a computer. Now ive looked at some of the threads and stuff and i have noticed the Stinger 3 Computer. Would anyone recomend it? Its not the old Wolf3D where i install it and just get countless problems is there?

Advertisement

The reason why i want to do the computer first is because i was going to take off the head and do the inlet valves and cams and eventually when the budget comes around get some throttle boddies. This is for the long run. So does anyone have any good/bad feedback on my ideas/decisions? Am i heading down the right track?

Thanks for your times guys! Frog On!

Check out Haltec or Autronic... then if you;ve got 5 ginos have a look at Motec.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    Check out Haltec or Autronic... then if you;ve got 5 ginos have a look at Motec.
    Luca

I saw a forum from a couple of days ago that someone was using a stinger. I have a budget for aroubd 1300 - 1650 and i saw that the price on a Stinger 3 was about 1500. SO i enquired. i dont have 5 g's to spend on a computer alone. i wish!

I've been looking around 4 an ECU as well coz i've had some work done and that's the next logical step.

A couple of things i've found is that u need a computer with a TPS or similar so u can get rid of the AFM. Then the idea is 2 get the 50mm butterfly for the throttle coz the existing one is a bit smaller and off you go!

Yeah that sounds pretty sweet! I was gonna do the ECU first the bigger inlet valves cams and then when i can get some more cash do trottle boddies. If u hear of anything worth while let me know dude!

I've got an EMS Stinger on my 205 running throttle bodies. Its one of the lower end computers but I've found it to be very good on my car. Mine uses a TPS to control everything. The basic computer is approx $1,000 plus fitting.

As I always say any computer is only as good as its tuner. Find someone you can trust with tuning your car and then find out what computer they recommend. That's the computer I would then buy.

Thanks dude!

Mabye i can get the citroen a little bit faster than the average

Daz u and the sproose moose are in NSW surely u could refer him 2 where u went. I'm trying to collect a few names of places & people who do ECUs here in Melb but i'm not having much luck so far.... if anyone has had ECU work in Melb let me know.
    (Andres exc'd)

Quote Originally Posted by sproose16v
    Thanks dude!

Mabye i can get the citroen a little bit faster than the average
    Sproose16V, I noticed you're in Sydney. If you contact me offline I'd be happy to show you some Haltech installations on 205's and Mi16's.

edit
    also, do a search on Haltech in this section. There's been quite a bit written, especially some of the early threads, like the Virtual Drag, which has a screen dump from my ECU.
    Last edited by PeterT; 29th March 2004 at 07:10 PM.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information