Mi Performance
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Mi Performance

Default Mi Performance

I have a 93' series 1 mi with about 280,000kms. I'm going to have the head taken off for a good clean out and was considering doing some mods whilst it was apart. I want to do port and polishing, modded valves. I was told that doing cams were pointless unless a new ecu was installed. I'm really confused about what i should do to increase power without going too overboard.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
    Last edited by Mi16; 28th March 2004 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi16
    I have a 93' series 1 mi with about 280,000kms.
    93 Series 1? You mean the 1.9L? Wow, you must have one of the last 1.9s sold then...

There is another thread called 'Mi16 Mods' (started by PeterT) currently on page 2 of the list of Technical & Performance threads...
    Last edited by 205 GTI16; 29th March 2004 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 205 GTI16
    93 Series 1? You mean the 1.9L? Wow, you must have one of the last 1.9s sold then...

There is another thread called 'Mi16 Mods' (started by PeterT) currently on page 2 of the list of Technical & Performance threads...
    Yeah one of the last 1.9's. It's an awesome car, paul from autoparis is going to do the work for me but i just wanted to find out a bit more about mi16 heads.
    Thanks for the tip on the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mi16
    I have a 93' series 1 mi with about 280,000kms. I'm going to have the head taken off for a good clean out and was considering doing some mods whilst it was apart. I want to do port and polishing, modded valves. I was told that doing cams were pointless unless a new ecu was installed. I'm really confused about what i should do to increase power without going too overboard.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

Dont waste your money on the larger valves unless you are willing to chase some extra compression. If you have been reading the advise from puma racing, you must remember that he is talking about the Uk spec Mi16 with the higher compression 10.4:1 as opposed to 9.5:1 that we got here. I have recently fitted a re ground inlet cam to my car which Peter T developed, which gave me a 15% increase, without an ECU. Talk to Peter, he is easily approachable and one of the most knowledgeable people on here and wont waste your time with bullsh!t.

Ky

Thread Information