quad throttle bodies 205gti
  • Register
  • Help

Default quad throttle bodies 205gti

im thinking about getting quad throttle bodies for my 205 gti i just have no idea where to start, would anyone be able to help me, i live in melbourne also is there anything i need to know which would go with it, computers and internals etc.

Advertisement

What mods u done so far man?

Like Luca said, what mods have you done? There's no point putting throttle bodies on your car until you have done some very extensive mods to justify it.

If you do get them you will need an aftermarket computer to run the car.

Quote Originally Posted by MYT205
    Like Luca said, what mods have you done? There's no point putting throttle bodies on your car until you have done some very extensive mods to justify it.

If you do get them you will need an aftermarket computer to run the car.
    If you haven't got over 105hp at the wheels yet I wouldn't go racing in to it. I was getting 108 atw last year on a std. inlet manifold, and Darren is getting 110 atw currently with his 45mm TB's. The std. inlet manifold and TB flows the same as an Mi16 setup, so you should be able to at least equal that first.

I'd recommend getting an aftermarket ECU first, so you can get rid of the AFM. Once you've got that all setup then go the next step.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    If you haven't got over 105hp at the wheels yet I wouldn't go racing in to it. I was getting 108 atw last year on a std. inlet manifold, and Darren is getting 110 atw currently with his 45mm TB's. The std. inlet manifold and TB flows the same as an Mi16 setup, so you should be able to at least equal that first.

I'd recommend getting an aftermarket ECU first, so you can get rid of the AFM. Once you've got that all setup then go the next step.
    What sort of cost are we looking at here Peter ? (ballpark)

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

I've done a little research on putting some on mine and TBs with a Motec and instillation was just under 5k. It may come cheaper with more pricing around etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    What mods u done so far man?
    nothing yet, just exhaust
    i am planning on getting some head work done, auto paris on box hill were taling to me about peugeot sport cam while its opened up to open up the valves a bit more etc.

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    What sort of cost are we looking at here Peter ? (ballpark)

- XTC206 -
    well im not too sure at the moment, i havent looked into it
    i want to get the head modified first

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT

could you give me some infomation on the aftermarket ecu, where how much etc??

Dude have u got a light blue (moonstone) 205 that's got "P" plates on it?

Quote Originally Posted by garett205
    could you give me some infomation on the aftermarket ecu, where how much etc??
    You have various choices, ranging from ems, microtech, haltech, autronic, motec etc. It depends what sort of budget you have. Installed you would be looking at $1500 minimum for a low end ecu.
    When it comes down to it an ecu is only as good as its tuner. I would buy the brand that your workshop normally installs, as they would have experience tuning it. There is no use paying thousands for a high end ecu if it is not going to be tuned properly.
    PM darren (MYT205), he is using an EMS ecu on his car with no trouble, and that is controlling nitrous aswell. They are a competitively priced unit and can obviously be tuned well.
    If you want to spend a little more you could look at a Haltech. For info on haltechs PeterT is worth a PM.
    *EDIT*
    After having a quick look for you an EMS stinger can be had for $995 this includes 4 injector drivers, 4 ignition outputs, temp compensated lambda, 2 aux out, 1 aux in, 2.5bar map sensor built in, and windows software.

A new haltech fuel and ignition computer the E6K is $1595 including ecu, wiring harness, cable, 2 relays, 3 sensors, manual and software. Older models can be had cheaper - E6M for $1495 and E6H for $1395. The haltechs have a few more inputs and outputs that the ems computers, and are also more compatible with the current sensors on the car.

Cheers,

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 25th March 2004 at 07:57 PM.

My best advice for a Jetronic equipped 205 owner, is to get onto ebay.com and look for a fuel only Haltech ECU such as F3, F5, F7 or F9. They're cheap in the US and can be serviced locally if there's any problems. They fire off the ignition side of the coil. From memory, F3 and F9 have MAP or throttle sensing. F5, F7 are throttle position only. F9 is the latest and best as it uses GM sensors.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    Dude have u got a light blue (moonstone) 205 that's got "P" plates on it?

nah its white with mi16 wheels

Thread Information