Q for 205 racers
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member pugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    98

    Icon6 Q for 205 racers

    what tyres do you guys run on your track cars?

    Advertisement


    how much would a 15" groved /track tyre set me back?

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugly
    what tyres do you guys run on your track cars?

    how much would a 15" groved /track tyre set me back?
    Parry and I use 185/60/14 Dunlop DO1J. Others use 195/55/15 Yoko's. 15" are more expensive than 14".

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  3. #3
    Member pugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    Parry and I use 185/60/14 Dunlop DO1J. Others use 195/55/15 Yoko's. 15" are more expensive than 14".
    how many hard driving kms do u get out of a set, 500-1000?

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugly
    how many hard driving kms do u get out of a set, 500-1000?
    Not sure in km. Probably something less than that. A set of 4 lasts 6-7 events, 24 laps average per event. If you drove around town, you might get 5000.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  5. #5
    Member pugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    Not sure in km. Probably something less than that. A set of 4 lasts 6-7 events, 24 laps average per event. If you drove around town, you might get 5000.
    good enough for me

    what do u pay for the 14" per tyre?

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts tekkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    Not sure in km. Probably something less than that. A set of 4 lasts 6-7 events, 24 laps average per event. If you drove around town, you might get 5000.
    Yokies A032R's

    about 120 timed laps around Wakefiled Park (prob another 1/3 again in other laps), 20~30 laps of EC, 20~30 laps of Oran park. the tyres are pretty much gone now.
    .
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

    EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40


  7. #7
    1000+ Posts tekkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugly
    good enough for me

    what do u pay for the 14" per tyre?
    Yokies last year were $200/tyre

    185/60/14
    .
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

    EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40


  8. #8
    Member pugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tekkie
    Yokies A032R's

    about 120 timed laps around Wakefiled Park (prob another 1/3 again in other laps), 20~30 laps of EC, 20~30 laps of Oran park. the tyres are pretty much gone now.
    are they 15", what did they cost each?

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugly
    good enough for me

    what do u pay for the 14" per tyre?
    approx $240 each, fitted.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  10. #10
    Member pugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    98

    Default

    cheers bros

    questions answered

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •