more room is good
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. #1
    Member pugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    98

    Default more room is good

    mmm, room with no induction piping or batt

    Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails more room is good-room.jpg  

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts pgti6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugly
    mmm, room with no induction piping or batt


    Mmmm. You gotta love that hot air induction!

    You need to reposition it again and supply it with COLD air.

    Pugs lose power sucking in under bonnet hot air pugly.


    Jeff
    Track car-Steel Grey 405 Mi16 2.2 litre


    405 Track car build thread moved to-
    http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index...ic=143279&st=0

    Lap times-
    Sandown 1 27.9
    Phillip Island 1 53.8

    Previous Frenchies-
    1988 205Gti
    1998 306 GTi6
    1997 306 N5 sedan
    1996 306 N3 XT hatch
    1976 Renault R16TS manual in Avocado
    1976 Renault R16TS manual in Trak Yellow
    1975 Renault 5 Guernsey, Channel Islands
    1972 Renault 4 Guernsey, Channel Islands

  3. #3
    Member pugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pgti6
    Mmmm. You gotta love that hot air induction!

    You need to reposition it again and supply it with COLD air.

    Pugs lose power sucking in under bonnet hot air pugly.


    Jeff
    crap, its far better than stock

    scoop may be added

    before the air box was above the headers, interheater!

    when your rolling its cool enough there, what does peter t think?

  4. #4
    Member pugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    98

    Default

    we could have very easily put the pod in a slightly cooler spot

    we cut, weld (new tanks on cores) and fit truck coolers to real cars!

    we know how to plumb

    we don't like ristrictions!

    and we do like a horny induction note!

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger! briz205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Auckland New Zealand
    Posts
    894

    Default

    HI,

    100% totally agree with jeff on this one. You need to let cool air flow into it you are sucking hot air in that position. You are not gaining power you are gaining noise. I think you'll find peter t doesn't think much of induction pods. If you want real power then start to talk to peter.

    Just my 2 cents

    Nick

  6. #6
    Member pugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    98

    Icon11 bull

    Quote Originally Posted by briz205
    HI,

    100% totally agree with jeff on this one. You need to let cool air flow into it you are sucking hot air in that position. You are not gaining power you are gaining noise. I think you'll find peter t doesn't think much of induction pods. If you want real power then start to talk to peter.

    Just my 2 cents

    Nick
    i'm pulling out my ****'n hair now!

    have any of you ever moved the afm and put the pod on ?

    if not then you don't know!

    the hot air radiates off the headers now they are open, the back of the engine not the front. i need to make a heat shield

    stock induction would suck far more hot air

    have any of you measured induction temps? i bet ****n not

  7. #7
    2000+ Brad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,404

    Default

    Pugly...mate, in all seriousness you post up pics of your setup, thats great, but in doing so understand this, you are asking people to comment on what you have done. No one gives a crap if you think you are right at the moment. You are new and do not have any reputation yet on this forum. So far I've followed 2 other threads where you managed to piss established members right off just because their opinion was different to your own.

    Either grow up or you are finished on Aussiefrogs.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    119

    Default

    pugly,

    you really are a pretty agro guy aren't you!

    kinda bragging and trying to prove yourself. i'm having deja vu? ah! turbopeugeot306...

    if we're here to brag about cold induction intakes, you should try fitting a cold air pod in a 205 mi16.

    8v has so much room!

    i've got a pod sitting directly behind the passenger-side-headlight, going straight to the AFM going straight into the double-barrel throttle-housing. washer bottle and factory battery still in original locations.

    p.s. removing washer bottle is against the law - motor vehicles department will not pass you...
    Last edited by 205 GTI16; 17th March 2004 at 09:06 PM.

  9. #9
    Member pugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 205 GTI16
    pugly,

    you really are a pretty agro guy aren't you!

    kinda bragging and trying to prove yourself. i'm having deja vu? ah! turbopeugeot306...

    if we're here to brag about cold induction intakes, you should try fitting a cold air pod in a 205 mi16.

    8v has so much room!

    i've got a pod sitting directly behind the passenger-side-headlight, going straight to the AFM going straight into the double-barrel throttle-housing. washer bottle and factory battery still in original locations.

    p.s. removing washer bottle is against the law - motor vehicles department will not pass you...
    washer bottle is still there, see u soon

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugly
    washer bottle is still there, see u soon
    see me soon? oh, you mean out on the roads...

    well, perhaps better you than...

    ...turbopeugeot306... (that guy's a flying frog lawsuit just waiting to happen - no insurance what-so-ever despite his desperate attempts to convince us...)

    peoples out there in aussiefrogs land, if you're gonna modify your engine, at least get it approved by your local department of motor transport. with their certificate of approval in your glovebox, you're at least 'lawsuit safe' amongst the other motorists you share the roads with. it's all about public safety...

  11. #11
    Member pugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 205 GTI16
    see me soon? oh, you mean out on the roads...

    well, perhaps better you than...

    ...turbopeugeot306... (that guy's a flying frog lawsuit just waiting to happen - no insurance what-so-ever despite his desperate attempts to convince us...)

    peoples out there in aussiefrogs land, if you're gonna modify your engine, at least get it approved by your local department of motor transport. with their certificate of approval in your glovebox, you're at least 'lawsuit safe' amongst the other motorists you share the roads with. it's all about public safety...
    the way you speak, u must be sleeping with Jon Steele (minister for transport).

    how did u mod the intake if u can't weld?

    people on this sight talk theory, i'm after proven fact, trial and error, if u havent tried it then.......

  12. #12
    Member pugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    98

    Icon8

    Quote Originally Posted by pugly
    the way you speak, u must be sleeping with Jon Steele (minister for transport).

    how did u mod the intake if u can't weld?

    people on this sight talk theory, i'm after proven fact, trial and error, if u havent tried it then.......
    its unfortunate that peter t is the only resourse on this sight for reliable info

  13. #13
    1000+ Posts N5GTi6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugly

    .....snip........

    people on this sight talk theory, i'm after proven fact, trial and error, if u havent tried it then.......
    Actually Pugly - I think you're right off the mark there. I think that people on the site INSIST on proven fact, rather than just talk. Once you get a bit more experience here, and a little more exposure, you'll soon see this.

    What you've done certainly seems liked applied theory from someone who doesn't know the whole theory. But that's fine - sometimes you have to make a few mistakes to learn from them. Please just respect the fact that a lot of people here have already done these sorts of things, and found that the results are still compromised.

    Cheers
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

  14. #14
    Member pugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N5GTi6
    Actually Pugly - I think you're right off the mark there. I think that people on the site INSIST on proven fact, rather than just talk. Once you get a bit more experience here, and a little more exposure, you'll soon see this.

    What you've done certainly seems liked applied theory from someone who doesn't know the whole theory. But that's fine - sometimes you have to make a few mistakes to learn from them. Please just respect the fact that a lot of people here have already done these sorts of things, and found that the results are still compromised.

    Cheers
    well why don't they state what they have done rather than just say that doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!

    this intake is better than stock induction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    if u disagree then i'm wasting my time here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    the difference in moving it somewhere a little cooler is so minute for a road car, that its not worth while mentioning

    we have done these cold air intakes on gtv track car, gsi , gtvi etc difference is minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    1000+ Posts pgti6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,612

    Default

    Pugly,

    I'm sorry you didn't get the response you probably expected.

    It's great to see you looking for ways to improve your car, but your solution is not the correct answer to your 'problem'.

    Many people here add to the knowledge base of our beloved Froggymobiles, & comment on topics to steer errant owners (like you in this instance), in the right direction.

    Try not to turn it into a slugfest.


    Jeff
    Track car-Steel Grey 405 Mi16 2.2 litre


    405 Track car build thread moved to-
    http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index...ic=143279&st=0

    Lap times-
    Sandown 1 27.9
    Phillip Island 1 53.8

    Previous Frenchies-
    1988 205Gti
    1998 306 GTi6
    1997 306 N5 sedan
    1996 306 N3 XT hatch
    1976 Renault R16TS manual in Avocado
    1976 Renault R16TS manual in Trak Yellow
    1975 Renault 5 Guernsey, Channel Islands
    1972 Renault 4 Guernsey, Channel Islands

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugly
    how did u mod the intake if u can't weld?

    people on this site talk theory, i'm after proven fact, trial and error, if u havent tried it then.......
    what do you mean welding? what the?

    my mi16 throttle body is connected to my mi16 air duct, my mi16 air duct is connected to my air flow meter, my air flow meter is connected directly to my pod adaptor, my pod adaptor is connected to my pod filter, my pod filter is connected to my... wrist watch... oh oh...

    enough dr nick... bye bye everybody!

    why do you start topics pretending your way is correct, the rest of us are wrong and that 'peter t', who is simply another guy out there is god? are everyone sheep on here following the one shepard?

    i've hardly spoken to peter t, but in those few posts i did, he hasn't proven himself at all wrong - like you so easily manage to do. and i myself don't post info unless i am confident i can provide a correct answer...
    Last edited by 205 GTI16; 18th March 2004 at 10:20 AM.

  17. #17
    Fellow Frogger! MYT205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    pugly.

    Thats a great setup in theory.

    But try moving the pod closer to the front of the car, to the side, where it won't be getting hot air from under the bonnet. Where it is it won't be getting "fresh" air, it will only be getting hot "trapped" air. You will be surprised by the difference.

    205GTI16.

    Please refrain from ramming down everyone's throats the legalities of their mods time and time again. I understand what you are saying but it is becoming a tad boring reading the same comments over and over again.

    Darren
    (Your friendly Moderator)

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MYT205
    205 GTI16.

    Please refrain from ramming down everyone's throats the legalities of their mods time and time again. I understand what you are saying but it is becoming a tad boring reading the same comments over and over again.
    I didn't plan on saying it anymore; it's only been said 2 or 3 times; and I think that's enough...

    Live and let die...

  19. #19
    Gone Fishin' Ray Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Burpengary and Murrumburrah, Qld and NSW
    Posts
    9,223

    Default

    72 posts in two or three weeks... this guy is sure keen!

    ...and if he's gone to that trouble with his car, he's trying to learn. I do hope you guys can eventually help him out...

  20. #20
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugly
    what does peter t think?
    I use the std. plumbing and air filter.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  21. #21
    1000+ Posts Warwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,664

    Default

    Pugly, what I think you should do with your pod filter is straighten the bend between the manifold and the AFM up and as it's a series one, stick it just behind the headlight. This requires moving the little box that hangs down from the support panel. There is room for the battery this way as well.
    Ya don't want air flowing round corners on its way in or out of motors. So get the corner out, and get some cooler air in as well.
    Pod filter is a waste of time unless you have a cam(maybe... I dunno really), then it sounds so fantastic and I think helps performance/response a bit. Can't be bothered to find my piccies of my old one.
    I don't agree with Peter here at all. It's Gotta help if you cut 4 feet out of the induction pathway and the right angle bends that go with it.
    However in principle I feel such filters are usually a waste of money.
    Depends what the inside of your motor can make of the changes outside of it.

  22. #22
    1000+ Posts tekkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    minimalist answers eh Peter?

    pugly,
    I think what few poeple have tried to say is that the hottest air in the engine bay (apart from the area immediately around the extractors) is directly under the bonnet and the open air type filter have a tendency to increase inlet air temperatures. Moving the filter (or air pickup point) as close to the road surface or outside of the engine bay seems like the best idea. Alternatively heat shield the area around the filter or create a filter enclosure and this would also make the filter road legal as well as a side benefit.
    .
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

    EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40


  23. #23
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default It's in the pudding.

    Quote Originally Posted by pugly
    people on this sight talk theory, i'm after proven fact, trial and error, if u havent tried it then.......
    It's simple ... if you have PROOF* then quote it (e.g. kw went from 100 to 105 - a measurable FACT) if you have an OPINION then state that (e.g. I feel/think the car is faster).

    Cause opinions masquerading as proof will always get people knocking/questioning. (then again proofs should be challenged from time to time too !!)

    While it's true some peoples word is taken as law (and this shouldn't be so always ), claims without validation will always be questioned.

    Don't be offended, in general everyone here want's to help. Long live Frog Cars.

    - XTC206 -


    * proof n.

    The evidence or argument that compels the mind to accept an assertion as true.

    The validation of a proposition by application of specified rules, as of induction or deduction, to assumptions, axioms, and sequentially derived conclusions.

    A statement or argument used in such a validation.

    Convincing or persuasive demonstration: was asked for proof of his identity; an employment history that was proof of her dependability.

    The state of being convinced or persuaded by consideration of evidence.
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  24. #24
    1000+ Posts PeterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Castle Hill, Sydney
    Posts
    7,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    It's simple ... if you have PROOF* then quote it (e.g. kw went from 100 to 105 - a measurable FACT) if you have an OPINION then state that (e.g. I feel/think the car is faster).
    108hp at the wheels.

    '92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

  25. #25
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    108hp at the wheels.
    Reputable dyno I assume .. and before modifications ?

    - XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •