Tyre pressure for 180 gti with stock P7000 tyres
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Tyre pressure for 180 gti with stock P7000 tyres

Hello fellow froggers!

Got a question and it may seem stupid but I can't figure out what the tyre pressure for my car (180 gti) should be. Read the manual, it said check the placard and that's where the crap started. The placard on the drivers side door seems to be written in some funky symbolic language and for the life of me have not figured out what the tyre pressure should be.

Any out there know what it should be, or what you recommend?

Advertisement

Thanks in advance :drive:
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

It's an Australian Design Requirement to have a tyre placard in your glovebox or door sill. You'll have two sets of numbers, with two numbers in each box. One if for fully loaded, one for one person. Use the one person reading. You'll have front and rear readings on there, the number in brackets will be PSI, which is what you want.

I'd guess that you'd be running around 32, 29 front to rear, but that would be a guess. Peugeot tend to run high pressures, so it could be even higher.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    It's an Australian Design Requirement to have a tyre placard in your glovebox or door sill. You'll have two sets of numbers, with two numbers in each box. One if for fully loaded, one for one person. Use the one person reading. You'll have front and rear readings on there, the number in brackets will be PSI, which is what you want.

I'd guess that you'd be running around 32, 29 front to rear, but that would be a guess. Peugeot tend to run high pressures, so it could be even higher.
    Hi there

The funny thing is that there are no numbers there just stars under each tyre. You are right it shows two diagrams, one with a light weight and another with a heavy weight. Each diagram shows 3 starts under each wheel. Dont know if each star means 10 psi or something to that effect. Have other gti180 owners noticed this?
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma
    Hi there

The funny thing is that there are no numbers there just stars under each tyre. You are right it shows two diagrams, one with a light weight and another with a heavy weight. Each diagram shows 3 starts under each wheel. Dont know if each star means 10 psi or something to that effect. Have other gti180 owners noticed this?
    Its just ridiculous isnt it i can't work it out for the life of me. What the hell do those stars mean?

At the moment i have them running on 37psi - its bumpy, but has completely transformed it around corners! 35 seems to be about a good balance.

I'm sure they're failing an ADR there.

Call Peugeot or a Peugeot dealer and see what they say. I think 35 is around optimum, but as I said, my Focus runs 32 and 29 on 215/45R17s. Harder is not necesarily better. At full load it runs 35 and 42, btw, which is a huge jump.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for the reply fellas. I think I'll try 35-36 psi.

Ta

P.S those people at peugeot really gotta get new people for designing tyre pressure placards!!
    Bad_Karma

XTC

I'm sure they're failing an ADR there.
    It's there .. it just looks odd.

Guess it's "see the manual"

- XTC206 -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tyre pressure for 180 gti with stock P7000 tyres-tyre-pressure.jpg  
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma
    Thanks for the reply fellas. I think I'll try 35-36 psi.
    I'd start a little lower and work up if need be .. running pressures when the tyre is hot is alot more. Start 32 Front / 29 Rear and go from there.

- XTC206 -

PS: I'm running 33/30 ATM. On 16" rim though.
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

I read that as "see manual" too. Nothing in the manual then?

I reckon that's failing an ADR. There isn't an Australian sticker anywhere? Inside the glovebox?

Fellow Frogger!

I read that as "see manual" too. Nothing in the manual then?

I reckon that's failing an ADR. There isn't an Australian sticker anywhere? Inside the glovebox?
    I've lloked in the manual and it says look at the placard Might have to call the dealership to find out what the deal is
    Bad_Karma

Thread Information