K & N flat panel filter quote
  • Register
  • Help

Icon9 K & N flat panel filter quote

I wen't to Repco in search of a K & N flat panel filter for a series 1 MI16 yesterday.

Advertisement

They quoted me $160... I think thats a bit expensive.

Does anyone know where I can get one cheaper, perhaps a different brand.

Thankyou

i got mine for $120 i think.

But it doesnt do shit, the only benefit is that you don't have to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    i got mine for $120 i think.

But it doesnt do shit, the only benefit is that you don't have to replace it.

Where did you get it from?

At the moment I have a POD Filter, it was on there when I bought the car, since I've been hunting for;

*Stock airbox, managed to get one of a guy on here for 20 bux.
    *Plastic cold air pipe - harder to get your hands on than pussy!
    *High flow flat panel filter...

So do you think I should just get a paper one instead?
    I still need that damned pipe though, maybe I can just make a custom one....

thanks buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Jason20
    Where did you get it from?

At the moment I have a POD Filter, it was on there when I bought the car, since I've been hunting for;

*Stock airbox, managed to get one of a guy on here for 20 bux.
    *Plastic cold air pipe - harder to get your hands on than pussy!
    *High flow flat panel filter...

So do you think I should just get a paper one instead?
    I still need that damned pipe though, maybe I can just make a custom one....

thanks buddy
    Hi Jason

I got mine from Repco for $120 about a year ago now. I would have thought it wold be cheaper given how much the $ has gone up. Basically the only benifit is the fact that you don't have to replace the filter, but will you keep the car long enough for that to be a benifit?? Also by puting the original box on you'll lose that nice induction noise you have at the moment, but that might be a good thing. You might even pick up a few extra horses with the original set up on

Ky

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser
    Hi Jason

I got mine from Repco for $120 about a year ago now. I would have thought it wold be cheaper given how much the $ has gone up. Basically the only benifit is the fact that you don't have to replace the filter, but will you keep the car long enough for that to be a benifit?? Also by puting the original box on you'll lose that nice induction noise you have at the moment, but that might be a good thing. You might even pick up a few extra horses with the original set up on

Ky
    Repco didn't have one in stock, they had to ring Rocket Industries for me...
    I'm not expecting a power increase from it, I already have the k & n cleaning/oil kit, just thought it would be easier than having to buy paper filters all the time.

I am worried i'll lose the nice induction sound, but that the price you pay really, it beats losing power through engine heat.. my car developes a flat spot low down when the engine bay heats up.. it's quite frustrating.

Thread Information