Mi16 conversion getting there
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Mi16 conversion getting there

A few queries to you Eastern States pug nuts: my insertion of a Mi16 lump into my S1 205GTi is going well, but can you guys help with the following:-
    1. oil cooler coolant hoses - use the original 205 top rad hose with the double tee? Extend hoses to reach new position of oil cooler, OR have a spigot brazed into RHS header tank a la 405?
    2. throttle body coolant hoses - once again one of these hoses goes to a spigot at bottom of RHS header tank in case of 405 - what to do on 205?
    3. have you come across a website with good details of grafting the 405 ECU etc onto the 205 loom?
    Thanks guys - I'm starting to lose sleep over this and it's just s'posed to be fun!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mobbs
    A few queries to you Eastern States pug nuts: my insertion of a Mi16 lump into my S1 205GTi is going well, but can you guys help with the following:-
    1. oil cooler coolant hoses - use the original 205 top rad hose with the double tee? Extend hoses to reach new position of oil cooler, OR have a spigot brazed into RHS header tank a la 405?
    2. throttle body coolant hoses - once again one of these hoses goes to a spigot at bottom of RHS header tank in case of 405 - what to do on 205?
    3. have you come across a website with good details of grafting the 405 ECU etc onto the 205 loom?
    Thanks guys - I'm starting to lose sleep over this and it's just s'posed to be fun!
    1) use 205 thermostat housing METAL OUTLET; use 205 double T top hose and use late 205 remote oil cooler on gearbox...
    2) two pipes outlets on throttle housing - one goes to engine-water-out housing under distributor, other goes to 205 filler tank on firewall. this is the official way to do it. from radiator small top pipe outlet goes to 205 filler tank as well - on the other side. water is really quite easy mate. if you had a S3 205, wiring would be a f*cking cinch. S1 and S2 are harder to wire (they are not motronic looms)
    3) http://www.205gti.com/downloads/wiring.xls
    Last edited by 205 GTI 16V; 11th March 2004 at 10:09 PM.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information