Sydney Cruise NEW POLL
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Sydney Cruise NEW POLL

Due to the number of replies it is obvious that a cruise would be a good idea.. letz make it happen.. vote on your favourite route or suggest new ones.. and choose a rough time.

Advertisement

No Dirt, as most of us want to show off our cars, not destroy them rally style.

Simple cruise (not melb or over 500Km), lunch at a pub, gather round talk in good locations, then head home.

citroen_ peugeot_ renault_ cheers!

<small>[ 18 December 2002, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: 505turbo ]</small>
    mmmm.. corners =)

Please indicate if the poll is inadequate.. a cruise to bathurst could be good too..
    any thoughts are welcome.
    mmmm.. corners =)

1000+ Posts
    That's all good Mark

Definately no dirt for me. I'm bringing the C3. We pick it up tomorrow. That means a nice leisurely pace for me ok

Derek.

There's many ways to get back from Wollombi without tiptoeing on the dirt. St. Alban's is just one. Honestly though, last time I drove it, 3 months ago, it was flat as a tack.

Alternates include:

Paxton - Quarrabolong - Freeman's Water Holes - Freeway

Cessnock - Freeman's Water Holes - Freeway

Kulnura - Peats Ridge - Wiseman's Ferry (very windy though!)

Broke - Putty Road - Windsor

The reason I suggested Wollombi is that it's a great place for cars to meet and have an ale, counter lunch or BYI BBQ. There's a Hunter Pug gathering there annually.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

DeKa:
    That's all good Mark

Definately no dirt for me. I'm bringing the C3. We pick it up tomorrow. That means a nice leisurely pace for me ok

Derek.
    Awsome Dek, cant wait to see a C3 upclose as one hasn't come into my work yet.

Ill be the last person to point out where to go but im not shure of which is a reasonable distance, i consider 200K's or more more than far enough. Perhaps im just a young winger!lol.
    Newayz, looks like this will be a great cruz.
    I have two mates who plan to come, 205 GTI(worked 8v) and 206 Gti(worked and styled)
    Should be fun.
    xqisid
    roll_lau
    ... ptui!

no dirt

pussies
    cheers!

1000+ Posts
    If it was my car, no worries The 306 loves the dirt

The C3, not being mine, I would rather keep to the hard stuff. By the time we have the cruise it'll be nicely run-in but I'll be following up the pack I'd imagine, as it doesn't feel particularly fast.

It's the 1.4 Manual Exclusive. BIG change from the ol' Citroen XM... some of you guys will remember me driving that on the first cruise last April

I'll be there with a pile of stickers and the digi-cam, but I will be away 18-26th Jan so if it's then I can't make it I know that takes out two weekends of January...

Derek.

<small>[ 18 December 2002, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: DeKa ]</small>

hehe.. dont get me wrong i love dirt, was taught to drive on the stuff. Just not so sure every1 else wants to get their car dirty, im sure there will be some alternate routes home where a group could go have some rally fun head_ban

Just think my 505 isnt up for it wink
    mmmm.. corners =)

The dirt road to st albans is piss easy, in great nick, barely notice that's dirt!

/me pouts
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

well if thats on the way bak.. sure
    mmmm.. corners =)

The route i suggested out west was to take in the most amount of winding roads . If you guys ever want to head out here you could always just head straight to Bathurst from Lithgow. It's only about 40 mins drive.

cheers!
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

1000+ Posts
    Alright alright I can manage the dirt in the C3 Gewd I haven't even driven the thing yet!

I'll go wherever you guys wanna go.

Derek.

I took the 307 on dirt on a very long drive, and it was fine! Just don't follow anyone too closely, and you should be fine. Mudflaps keep the duco good.

Once you get the high pressure hose out, there's no evidence, and the dirt flies off the plastic wheelarch liners fairly easily.

The plastic fantastics are still capable.
    <a href="http://users.bigpond.net.au/skystar/pics/pics.htm" target="_blank">Some pics</a>

Cheers,

Justin

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

1000+ Posts
    Justin,

I'm generally not worried with getting cars dirty. I've had my 306 on some very interesting (read dodgy?) dirt roads in the past and as tekkie and parry will attest it comes up a treat still

It's just the C3 is brand new, and not mine, hence the hesitation. Read my little post in the Citroen forum if ya want.

Derek.

<span><span class=ResizableText0>
    Originally</span> posted by DeKa: <span class=ResizableText0><strong>Justin,</span> I'm generally not worried
    with getting cars dirty. I've had my 306 on some very <span class=ResizableText0>interesting</span> (read dodgy?) dirt roads in the past and as tekkie and parry will attest it comes up a treat still It's just the C3 is brand new, and not mine, hence the <span class=ResizableText0>hesitation.</span> Read my little post in the Citroen forum if ya want. <span class=ResizableText0>Derek.
    </span> </span>
    Id be hesitant too Dek, with any new car, specially a Frog!!
    Have we any news/update/timing set yet???
    just need to know, more for work and i need to bed my new brakes in too.lol.
    xqisid

ps, the only NEW car i wouldn't be hesitant with is the new 206 WRC cars, <<<<<< i know, i know,.. im dreaming.
    ... ptui!

bump
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

This is a suggestion I posted in the other thread. Even though it was a few kms it was a good easy drive.

And the sooner it happens the better I say !!! head_ban

YEL020:
    Well I'm going to throw another spanner in the works and suggest going Putty Rd to Singleton.

Or, we could do this route which was a great drive I did a while ago. We went to Peats Ridge and back down the Old Pacific Hwy. I have just cut and pasted it from the run that I previously organised:

We will meet at the M4 Maccas at 9am (yes 9am) leaving at 9:30-9:45am.

From there we head up the mountains on the Freeway which turns into the Great Western Hwy.

We follow that all the way to Lithgow. We will stop at a yet to be determined point to regroup about half way.

Once at Lithgow we will regroup again and then head back along the Bells Line of Road through Richmond and regroup again here (probably Maccas).

Alternatively we can start at Windsor Maccas and go OUT along Bells Line and come back along the Great Western and cut from Springwood across to Richmond.

From there we go through Windsor and over the bridge and turn LEFT at the pub on the corner just over the bridge and head out through Pitt Town and Cattai to Maroota where we turn LEFT again and go to Wisemans Ferry.

Here we stop for lunch/afternnon tea depending on the time.

From Wisemans Ferry we can go either:

Back towards Castle Hill along Old Northern Road

OR

Cross the river on the ferry and take the twisties to Peats Ridge. We regroup at Peats and then take the Old Pac back to Thornleigh Maccas.

This drive is approx 300-400km, so be ready.I would suggest that detailed drive. It really was a good drive.

I would suggest that detailed route. It really was a good drive.

1000+ Posts
    I say that's a fantastic suggestion THe sooner the better. If it's between the 18th & 26th I can't come so you guys won't see the C3

Derek

well i gotta see this C3, so January 12th it is. Happy with that everyone?
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

1000+ Posts
    OK the 12th it is. It'd better not change cos I've just had to convince my dad to work for me on that day as there's no one else!!

Merry Christmas!

Derek.

OK, jan 12, im in. iff all goes to plan ill bring my mates, with their 205 and 206 Gti's.
    cheers lads. xisid ps WHO else is in for JAN 12th??? PSS, where are we heading.
    Psss, can we keep it under 300K's please. if that possible.

<small>[ 25 December 2002, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: xqisid ]</small>
    ... ptui!

1000+ Posts
    xqisid:
    OK, jan 12, im in. iff all goes to plan ill bring my mates, with their 205 and 206 Gti's.
    I'll be driving last then, so as not to spoil you guys fun!

All the family's been goggling at the C3 today. I think we may have a few potential converts?

Merry Christmas cheers!

Derek.

What route are we taking?

12th is fine by me.

I'll be hitching a ride with someone.

Donkey ??? You bringing the Clio ???

Macquered ??? Your second choice. :p :p :p

Well so far it's like Jan 12Th, fellow froggers whos in?????????!!!!!
    Route im not to fussed except for, please under 300K and on tarmac! please!
    I like the sound of the one that goes north on the ol' pacific and then goes onto a pub or something?, im not too sure. GPS anyone?
    Should we start a new thread/poll to see whos coming.??? 505turbo where are you?
    What do you think, anyone?
    Should we make anyone else aware of this in the GENERAL listings.
    Xq

ps, how was chrissy for all any gifts for the froggies, i got new cloth/chamois.
    ... ptui!

1000+ Posts
    I believe this is what we're doing - well that's what I said yes to!

We will meet at the M4 Maccas at 9am (yes 9am) leaving at 9:30-9:45am.

From there we head up the mountains on the Freeway which turns into the Great Western Hwy.

We follow that all the way to Lithgow. We will stop at a yet to be determined point to regroup about half way.

Once at Lithgow we will regroup again and then head back along the Bells Line of Road through Richmond and regroup again here (probably Maccas).

Alternatively we can start at Windsor Maccas and go OUT along Bells Line and come back along the Great Western and cut from Springwood across to Richmond.

From there we go through Windsor and over the bridge and turn LEFT at the pub on the corner just over the bridge and head out through Pitt Town and Cattai to Maroota where we turn LEFT again and go to Wisemans Ferry.

Here we stop for lunch/afternnon tea depending on the time.

From Wisemans Ferry we can go either:

Back towards Castle Hill along Old Northern Road

OR

Cross the river on the ferry and take the twisties to Peats Ridge. We regroup at Peats and then take the Old Pac back to Thornleigh Maccas.

This drive is approx 300-400km, so be ready.I would suggest that detailed drive. It really was a good drive.
    I think the first option is probably the best, given people seem to want to keep it shorter. Personally, I don't mind a longer drive, but up to everyone else. What is it with Aussiefrogs and Maccas? disappro

Derek

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information