Brisbane Meet
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Brisbane Meet

Default Brisbane Meet

Hi Everyone,

I would like to startup the brisbane meet idea again. Now this will be a "meet" It is up too us to decide on what we will do after we have meet This will have to be in 2-3 months time when i will be able to drive again and will have the new 205 on the road. What side of town are we going to meet on? If you are confused about me talking about a meet and not the other thing we do in our cars. Please read the sticky in this forum.

Cheers Nick

Advertisement

Nick:

Have you found a new 205 already?!?!

If so that will be sweeet....it is good to keep the 205 theme going

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

-Memories are good only if you don't have to deal with the past.-

Hi Billy,

Well the 205 man of brisbane has to stick with 205's! Its a silver series one. I am yet to pick it up. I have lined up a series 3 group N peugeot sport motor to plonk in it. Should be a good little car if i don't put it on its roof. I have moved all my stuff over to albany creek.

Cheers Nick

Quote Originally Posted by briz205
    Hi Billy,

Well the 205 man of brisbane has to stick with 205's! Its a silver series one. I am yet to pick it up. I have lined up a series 3 group N peugeot sport motor to plonk in it. Should be a good little car if i don't put it on its roof. I have moved all my stuff over to albany creek.

Cheers Nick
    Where did you get the Peugeot Sport Motor from??

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

-Memories are good only if you don't have to deal with the past.-

i be new to the pug scene, and would love to join the meet
    -------------
    93 205 Si
    03 Honda Jazz Vti
    -------------

i be new to the pug scene, and would love to join the meet What about breaky/lunch in milton or something, and head up mount neebo/glorious for a bit of a run? it's pretty central for brisbane, (milton), and the roads are nice up the mountains, just a little crowded.

have done the run a few times, (all be-it in a totally different handling car, and quite a while ago), and it's a nice drive, (read mildly technical, and fun at speed, if careful, not as bad as the goat track near mt tambourine is you know the area...). if we do brunch, we can have a picnic at the top of mt glorious.

if you have better ideas....
    -------------
    93 205 Si
    03 Honda Jazz Vti
    -------------

What that...?

i dont know what happened there... i guess it was my computer's lastest tamtrum it just throw... damn winblows...
    -------------
    93 205 Si
    03 Honda Jazz Vti
    -------------

Hi,

Well since we have been banned from talking about drives you are maybe crossing the boundary with that last post. But anyway welcome to the world of 205. I have just writen mine off and suspended driven for a while and brought a peugeot scooter to get around on. PM if you want to talk about drives or 205 related stuff.

Cheers Nick

Guys, could I clarify a point.

You aren't banned from talking about drives or making arrangements for same just as long as it is painfully clear as per the "sticky" that 'aussiefrogs' is in no way directly involved in the organising, operation or does in fact condone these in any shape manner or form it is up to you as private individuals to make these arrangements & this forum can be used as a medium for your convenience, for individuals making private arrangements for meetings; what you do thereafter is your business & your business alone.
    If however there is any attempt by anyone to implicate aussiefrogs in these events, then we will have to moderate.
    Remember: aussiefrogs is a social club and not a car club and as such can not & does not have any interest in any activities that could be construed as being of a nature normally undertaken by aforesaid car clubs.

If anyone at any time feels a bit insecure discussing certain things, feel free to PM a moderator for an opinion as we don't want to be seen to be stifling board postings or have any member jumping at shadows.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Guys, could I clarify a point.

You aren't banned from talking about drives or making arrangements for same just as long as it is painfully clear as per the "sticky" that 'aussiefrogs' is in no way directly involved in the organising, operation or does in fact condone these in any shape manner or form it is up to you as private individuals to make these arrangements & this forum can be used as a medium for your convenience, for individuals making private arrangements for meetings; what you do thereafter is your business & your business alone.
    If however there is any attempt by anyone to implicate aussiefrogs in these events, then we will have to moderate.
    Remember: aussiefrogs is a social club and not a car club and as such can not & does not have any interest in any activities that could be construed as being of a nature normally undertaken by aforesaid car clubs.

If anyone at any time feels a bit insecure discussing certain things, feel free to PM a moderator for an opinion as we don't want to be seen to be stifling board postings or have any member jumping at shadows.

Alan S
    hI allan,

Now that wasn't so hard was it! I've been trying to get someone to tell me exactly what that means. That sticky is just lawyers talk. I know know what we can do I will plan for a meet somewhere (me on my scooter ).

Cheers Nick

Cheers Nick,

Glad that's cleared up for all & sundry.
    I've only one complaint now.

There's only ONE "L" in my name

Alan S

I'd be keen for a meet up somewhere for a nice bite to eat and drive somewhere. Might be able to drag Cal and Neil along too. One day next week b4 Xmas would be good.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Cheers Nick,

Glad that's cleared up for all & sundry.
    I've only one complaint now.

There's only ONE "L" in my name

Alan S
    Hi Alan,

Sorry about that didnt mean to cause offence And brad I cannot drive until feb on doctors orders so thats me out sorry?

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by briz205
    Hi Alan,

Sorry about that didnt mean to cause offence And brad I cannot drive until feb on doctors orders so thats me out sorry?

Nick
    Nick,

I could always pick you up on the way through & perch you in the back seat.
    Makes for an interesting drive, sitting back there with two 6 foot ankle biters belting the crap out of each other, mother in the front refereeing and an old fart like me behind the wheel with a dose of Industrial Strength 'Road Rage' getting lost in the middle of Brisbane .......now you know why they posted the disclaimer.

Just a suggestion.

Alan S

Hi Alan,

Love to get a left in a BX having been in one for about 10 years. tho thats half my life! ha jesus I feel old but i'm so young! Anyway if alan cannot take me is there anyone else willing to venture over to the horrible northside? I would to organise at least a meal together.

Cheers Nick

alan, sorry, i wasnt aware forgive me?

Adrian
    -------------
    93 205 Si
    03 Honda Jazz Vti
    -------------

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    I'd be keen for a meet up somewhere for a nice bite to eat and drive somewhere. Might be able to drag Cal and Neil along too. One day next week b4 Xmas would be good.
    i'd be in, but i'm working every day till xmas... dinner would be good... know any good places in brissy? perfereably, NOT northside...
    -------------
    93 205 Si
    03 Honda Jazz Vti
    -------------

Fellow Frogger!

Im keen for a meet since xmas is pretty close, n most of us do work what do you guys think about a meet on sunday

Quote Originally Posted by ss-rotel
    alan, sorry, i wasnt aware forgive me?

Adrian
    It's no sweat mate, you've done us all a favour.

Alan S

Quote Originally Posted by ss-rotel
    i'd be in, but i'm working every day till xmas... dinner would be good... know any good places in brissy? perfereably, NOT northside...
    Hi,

Well since i have no transport and would like to go to dinner. What about some where close to the river so I don't have to travel to the darkside? (southside)

Nick

what's this? the organiser of the cruise does'nt have a car to begin with. i think this is a cunning plan to transport him to and from the hospital.

i'll give ya a lift if you need one. you may have to loose some weight so you don't roll my car

Quote Originally Posted by felixblack1
    what's this? the organiser of the cruise does'nt have a car to begin with. i think this is a cunning plan to transport him to and from the hospital.

i'll give ya a lift if you need one. you may have to loose some weight so you don't roll my car
    What is this comdey hour on af? Yeah yeah the organiser has no car! And no I have my gf to ferry me around in the 505 show pony! I would really like it if we could put our planning caps on and decide on this. If it is going to be a drive then i will need a ride. If its dinner i can then maybe get there.

Cheers Nick

Cal

I would be involved, but I am going to Straddie for 2 weeks to drink beer on the beach.

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

if i don't reply to this thread once the plans have been made, can you send us an email Nick let me know what's going on.

my hour is up, no more jokes

Hi Guys,

Well cal you are a lucky man! Maybe we should go to straddie and drink too! HAHA Bernhard i will call you once we have sort this out. So everyone gather around what are we going to do?? dinner or drive? or both?

Nick

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread Information