Last Qr Sprints for 2003
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Last QR sprints for 2003

Come one, come all to the last QR sprints for 2003.

A nice controlled environment to be a mad man in your Pug or just have a spin around the track at your own pace.

I will definitely be there this time, pending being put on crutches again.

Cal will most probably be there with his new toy a Supercharged MX5.

Brad might be there pending on if he has any tyres and brakes left.

Advertisement

So come for spin or just the chance to catch up and talk Pug

Neil
    205GTI/Mi16
    Tony Sprint Kart

When?

BTW, has any more been discussed regarding the proposed get togeter at QR around next Easter?
    The sons big black beast is almost ready to roll again 'thinks to self' *what a bad choice of words*

Alan S

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    When?

BTW, has any more been discussed regarding the proposed get togeter at QR around next Easter?
    The sons big black beast is almost ready to roll again 'thinks to self' *what a bad choice of words*

Alan S
    Saw a report on them on the channel 7 news tonight, so that answers that one.........as you were troops!!!

Alan S

I should be there...provided I can get new brakes pads by then. They are starting to be metal on metal
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Hi Neil,

Saw the sprints on the TV last night, Love to come but cannot drive. I'm building a nice quick 8V now. My only gripe is the fun police! I thought we could post things on track events but just nothing on cruises? Could brad or gerry please clear this up. I'm pretty confused?

Cheers Nick

Quote Originally Posted by neil
    It seem the fun police have deleted my post about the last QR sprints for this weekend.

Start at 11.30am
    Cal and I will be there and we hope to see as many french cars as possible at the last meeting. Come for a run around the track or just come along and have a chat with fellow Aussie frogs.

Neil

Guys, this type of thread is ok as this is already an organised event, we are jsut letting people know when/where the event is being held. In any case, any accident on the track it only ever your own fault (or someone whopunts you off). You sign a disclaimer waiving all rights way before you even get on the tarmac.

I may be there depending on whether I can get new pads by then. Got metal on metal action happening

Cal

I'll be there, hopefully in my new toy.

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Sorry my fault I posted it in general by mistake.

Anyone else coming??

JR you must be keen?

Neil
    205GTI/Mi16
    Tony Sprint Kart

HOY!!! When's it on?

If you tell us we can then see if we can make it. Presumably didn't see my previous posts asking for info.

Alan S

Quote Originally Posted by neil
    Sorry my fault I posted it in general by mistake.

Anyone else coming??

JR you must be keen?

Neil
    Last edited by Alan S; 8th December 2003 at 01:52 PM.

Cal

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    HOY!!! When's it on?

If you tell us we can then see if we can make it. Presumably didn't see my previous posts asking for info.

Alan S
    This Saturday Alan....13th. You know you want to.

Cal.
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S

What was that they had on last weekend then?

Alan S

Sorry Allan
    I thought you answered your own post when you made the second post? If that makes sense?

Not sure what was on TV last night? it could have been vision of the last sprints or of an other event?

Get your son to come down so we can talk about the LSD and Iíll take him for a spin?

Neil
    Last edited by neil; 8th December 2003 at 04:30 PM.
    205GTI/Mi16
    Tony Sprint Kart

Thread merged, deleted any superfluous ones.

Neil,

What a bummer; I just saw the son & he has booked the dyno & arranged to set up 3 cars on it on Saturday.
    He's fitted up a couple of MoTecs recently & I think he's dialling them in as welll as some fine tuning on one of the racing cars.
    He was pretty disappointed the way it's worked out timewise as even if he took off after the dyno session, he still has 5 hours of driving in front of him which besides being tiring, takes him into dark time hours. but would like to catch up in the near future as he wants to get things rolling on the LSD.
    I'll keep in touch and as soon as his work slows down, arrange a meet up.
    If you happen to be coming Maryborough/Bundaberg way any time, let me know and we can catch up that way.

Alan S

Cal

Sounds like your son needs to sort his priorities. All work and no play, makes Johnny a dull boy Gotta MAKE time for this stuff.

Cheers,

Cal.
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S

He's got the habit of turning his play into work and his work into play.
    He might be able to sort things for a "Dyno day" one of these days if anyone's interested.
    The guy he takes these cars to basically opens up & points him at the dyno & then goes for a walk as he knows he's well clued up on how it all works and what's needed to set them up for it.
    Haven't spoken to him but I could if anyone's interested. Trip to Bundy would make it a weekend do.

Alan S

Zen

I'd be up for it normally, took the pug out for the first time on the track last sprint day and had heaps of fun. Then two weeks later, went to Morgan Park with the Queensland Corvette club and gave it some. Have been itching to get onto the track again. I'm going out the night before though and it's gonna be a big one. Depends on how well I shape up. I think the best I'll be able to do is just to come out and watch.

Rich

p.s. 'Spose no one knows when the Sprint Days are starting up again next year?

codito ergo sum == code monkey

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

1000+ Posts

Yes Neil i am keen...and i may even have a different car to run. Still a pug tho,
    all depends if i can finish the work on it in time. what date is it on Neil?
    I am going to need better times as the daughter has got right into this track stuff and now dropped 4 secs. to be only 1 second behind at 67 secs.

Zen, no idea of next years dates however you can find them [i think ] on the
    qld raceways site.
    Also heard from reliable source that the costs are going up considerably for next years sprints. Warwick day anyone??? cheers jr
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

JR,

Don't get too excited about the prices as I used to work with one of the guys who kicked off QR & I caught up with him a couple of weeks back.
    I've arranged for him to pay me a visit or me him one in the next few weeks & when it happens, I'll see what can be arranged; no promises, but we may be in with a chance.

Alan S

Cal

The dates for the sprints next year are:

Jan 31st
    Feb 28th
    Mar 27th
    Apr 24th
    Jul 17th
    Aug 22nd
    Sep 11th
    Sep 25th
    Nov 20th
    Dec 18th

There is also AAA race series starting up next year. It will be for cars 15yrs and older. I don't yet have a full understanding of how it is going to work. I think you need to have held a full competition licence before, but will not require all the CAMS safety crap like roll cage ect. The dates are:

May 14-16th
    Sep 18-19th
    Oct 29-31st

More info will come early in the year, but I thought the price of the sprints was going down, not up.

See some of you this weekend.

Cal.
    Last edited by Cal; 10th December 2003 at 02:08 PM.
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    The dates for the sprints next year are:

Jan 31st
    Feb 28th
    Mar 27th
    Apr 24th
    Jul 17th
    Aug 22nd
    Sep 11th
    Sep 25th
    Nov 20th
    Dec 18th

There is also AAA race series starting up next year. It will be for cars 15yrs and older. I don't yet have a full understanding of how it is going to work. I think you need to have held a full competition licence before, but will not require all the CAMS safety crap like roll cage ect. The dates are:

May 14-16th
    Sep 18-19th
    Oct 29-31st

More info will come early in the year, but I thought the price of the sprints was going down, not up.

See some of you this weekend.

Cal.
    Cal, It really saddens me, when people so openly, put so little value on their life. That they dismiss SAFETY Measures designed to protect HUMAN BODIES, Against Race incidents as CRAP. Or is it that you think yourself such a good driver. you can get out of any situation, if thats the case i hope you have lots of friends, to attend your funeral! Otherwise it'll be a lonely trip to the other side.
    What comes next, Bare feet, shorts & T-shirt for driving suit in QLD because it's hot ? Will AAA be issuing their own licenses? As they are against what CAMS stands for i doubt they'd recognise a CAMS license.

Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

Cal

You either have zero understanding of what has happened to grass roots motor sport in Australia because of CAMS or you work for CAMS. I find the former hard to believe, because I know you compete. AAA may well be the best thing that has happened to the sport in Australia for some time. No need to get such a hardon about my casual use of one word either. And, I don't recall saying anything about my driving ability in this or any other thread??

Cal.
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S

205GTI/Mi16
    Tony Sprint Kart

Hey, sit...stay...............atta boy!!
    I don't know what all the excitement is about, as I can show you a few cars that compete at Pittsworth, Gatton and a few other sprints as well as Noosa Hillclimb and I know for a fact none have roll cages.
    We're not talking NASCARS, these are ordinary road cars. In contrast, there is also a Sports car that is worked on here at times that is involved in that class but in multi car events (ie) racing each other instead of the clock, and naturally, it has roll cages & all the bells & whistles that go with that kind of racing, so I can't see that this is going to make things any worse than they currently exist.
    The Sprints & Hillclimbs are conducted by Clubs affiliated with CAMS.

Right; now, as you were!!

Alan S
    Last edited by Alan S; 10th December 2003 at 05:32 PM.

Cal,
    I've been a competitor and a member of 5 clubs over a 30yr period. I've been President, Secretary, Treasurer and CAMS Delegate of 3 of them. I'm well versed in the pressures, applied to CAMS by the likes of, safety experts, insurance companies,Lawyers and the Avesco super circus. The AAA is a business as well, and out to make a profit as well. With Bob Jane as one of the company founders & a director.
    I estimate early benefits then a gradual climb in fees.
    I like most others in grass roots level motor sport, don't like the way things a currently heading. But as i see it, it's the same as every day life. Those that have it, get more of it, and those that don't? Well the other side don't give a f%$k.
    I sincerely hope things change for the better, But i gave up on Santa, the Easter bunny & the Tooth fairy 40 odd yrs ago. So i wont hold my breath.
    Any suggestion of racing in any cars other than Historic, without a roll cage, if infact it is racing as opposed to sprinting, is just plain fool hardy.
    I had a 4 point alloy cage in my R8 in 1972, that was both Race & Road car.

Individuals safety is is determined my many criteria, such as stength of car, fire prevention, appropriate apparell and the safety helmet.
    The cullmination of all of these can be summed up by a phrase spoken by, Mr Allan Moffat, to 20+ participants trying for their full racing license in 1973. Of which i was one.
    Quote " If you have a $2 head buy a $2 helmet"

And i'm not and have never been employed by CAMS.

I apologise for upsetting your sensibilities, i didn't see "crap" in this case as casual. And it's obvious you took my post wrongly, there was no slur on your driving implied or otherwise, if read quietly it's more in the form of a question without the ? mark
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information