Rally NZ
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Rally NZ

Default Rally NZ

Anyone going / coming over for it?

Advertisement

Would love to, but unfortunately I don't think I can make it

I was going to go to Finland this year, but that's not happening either as I started a new job a couple of months ago so I don't have any leave saved up now.
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

So miss out on both 1000 Lakes and NZ

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    So miss out on both 1000 Lakes and NZ
    Yep

There's a very remote chance that I might be able to make it to NZ, but I doubt it as things are quite busy at work at the moment.
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

Well we have all the spots picked out, and you can come along with us.

Friday Viewing spot:
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...L/5efff0ff.mp4

You can't really see it in the video but you will see the cars along the ridge line before the hairpin and after the trees on the far ridge line.

We are currently thinking of doing a early Friday mission before the road closes to get to the spot.

Friday Night camping / Saturday Viewing sorted:
    We have decided on the spot for Friday night. It's a bridge section that should be very interesting, there is also a nice intersection further up the road. I'm waiting for the farm lady to call me back about staying on her land, but we have a backup solution if she doesn't.

spot: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...L/fc28de22.mp4

Saturday Camping / Sunday Viewing:
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...L/f7b94514.mp4

All spots are run twice and there is some good alternative sections close by.

On Saturday:
    You guys also know that the Possum Bourne Memorial Rally runs at the same time as the WRC Rally NZ?

http://www.pbmrally.co.nz/

About The Rally - The 2012 Smartwood by Alpwood Possum Bourne Memorial Rally has been confirmed. The event this year will run on two levels, the three day event entries of the NZ rally Championship for non FIA homologated cars and the one day Trophy Rally for club competitors. The three day event runs from June 21st – 24th 2012 and the one day Trophy Rally on June 22nd. The Rally will begin from Jellico St next to the Viaduct Events Centre at the Viaduct basin in the centre of Auckland. The three day event will comprise of all the stages in Rally NZ and the Trophy Rally will be day two of Rally NZ. This will be the 7 special stages in the Northland region with the final finish control at the Viaduct Events Centre. A prize giving function will be held in the Cloud on Queens Wharf immediately after the finish.

This rally brings out some AWESOME non-typical rally cars - Civic's, Rx-3's, Starlets, E30's, Tr-7's, and a bunch of other fun things to watch.

Most of them will run on the Saturday.

Thread Information