Philip Island Aug 23
  • Register
  • Help

Philip Island Aug 23

The Alfa Romeo club of Vic is having a track day at Philip Island on Saturday 23 Aug.

Entry is $100 and you need to be a member of a CAMS affiliated club (eg. RCCV, PCCV). You also need a CAMS L2S licence (available on the day) and helmet.

This is a great opportunity to drive on one of the best race tracks in Australia.

Email me for an entry form or contact the Alfa Club directly.

Advertisement

Dave

Dave172:

This is a great opportunity to drive on one of the best race tracks in Australia.
    So i take it the clio's getting a nice set of slicks and hitting the track then tongue approve ?

Yeah, that's the idea anyway! dance

It would be great to get some fellow froggers down there as well. The Alfa Club track days are very well run and cater for all levels, from beginners to advanced.

At the last track day I went to, there was a young girl competing in a bog standard current model Corolla, complete with the skinny tyres and all. And she was far from the slowest car out there.

If she can do it, I'm sure a few people on this forum are more than up to it as well!

Anyway, hope to see some of you there.

Dave

Dave, is this going to be like other Alpha Club sprints, with a practice day & driver instruction if needed at a slightly lower fee, on the saturday, then the sunday timed sprints ?
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

Damien Gardner:
    Dave, is this going to be like other Alpha Club sprints, with a practice day & driver instruction if needed at a slightly lower fee, on the saturday, then the sunday timed sprints ?
    Damien, the whole event will be held on the one day (Saturday) but there will be a track familiarisation / driver instruction session in the morning for those who have not driven there before (like me!).

Dave

ok Dave, saturday is unusual, the track may be booked by another club on the sunday.
    Several clubs hold events at winton throughout the year that are 2 day events, saturday being training & practice with 15 - 20 cars going round & round in 20 minute blocks. If the driver would like an experienced instructor they will go as passenger & explain setting up for a corner & exiting etc. Calder was good also, but no longer cams licensed. It may still be available to the individual as in the past, on fridays 8 am-4-30pm the cars are scrutineered & helmets & driving suits are available for hire, basically you can go round & round all day as long as tyres & fuel last.
    As well this is available at Winton Raceway, i think on wednesdays somewhat cheaper but more fuel needed to get there and an early start as it's a 3 1/2 hr drive from melb.
    I wouldn't bother with Philip Island i would run out of rev's very early in the straights, my R10 gets to 7200 in top gear half way down the main straights of Calder, Winton & Sandown engine screemin it's guts out, & i'm sittin thinking come on where's the bloody corner lol.
    It's the greatest BUZZ
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

i'll come probably but my car probably wouldn't make it past scrutineering. oil leaks. probably wouldn't do much for making my car last either, at 250,000kms preservation is certainly an issue.
    205 GTi (S2 ) rolled

'96 306XR "Sex" Black

Thread Information