Possible 205 Meet. Australia wide ( If possible )
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Default Possible 205 Meet. Australia wide ( If possible )

Ive always thought about it. And would love for us to try and organise something. The UK guys ( and EU ) have done it a few times ( yes their distances are probably not as bad as some of ours would be ) and I think we should try and do it too.

As some of you have seen there is the 205 16v register going on at the moment and there is also a few 205s being built too which would be a great time to show and tell!

If we were to possibly look to committing to a few days in a 3 to 5 month period down the track I think it would be a great day. Possibly a track day somewhere too.

Advertisement

What do people think of this and what dates would some people be drawn to? I will put a date of May 26th 27th. Its 6 months away and will not be too hot or cold etc depending where we meet of course.

Meeting place.... As said it would be great to organise a track day for all of us to have some fun on or around this days. I cant seem to find solid dates at the moment but I think Eastern Creek would be a good choice. Therefore a meet somewhere in the NSW region would probably suit. We could start north somewhere, drive south via the creek and end further south.

Peoples thoughts please? We can stop the night somewhere in the country via a nice group of roads and continue etc...

Im very keen to get this under way.. For those coming from interstate I have a few cars if someone does not want to drive all the way.

Cam
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Sounds like an awesome idea Cam!

Would love to see the video's and photos from such an event!

Yea I think its about time we all got in and committed to something like this. Ive been on AF since I was 17 ( nearly 10 years ) and cant believe how fast the time has gone and we have never really done something like this. Especially since the 205 was 25 years last year ( i think )

Cam
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car

I wish i could come over for it and bring my car... but no way i could afford it.

Hopefully everyone jumps in behind you on this...

I know the 205 Drivers did a road trip to the Ring and had people from all over Europe join in along the way as they progressed from England and back.

Hi Cam for the record the 205 was launched in 1983 so it's 28 years old with the first GTI ( thats the 1.6 ) launched a year later.

Think the get together is a good idea be great if we could all catch up at a raceway half way between Vic and NSW from my own selfish point of view : )

Yea andrew I think a Halfway point would be great. Also trying to encourage the QLD guys to bring their cars down to ( JR ??? ). If we could manage a 3 day event I think it would be a great success.

DRTDVL you should perhaps try and work it in with your work. Your more than welcome to come and drive with me or drive one of my other 205s if you were keen.

Cam
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car

I reckon a few Vic guys would be prepared to drive to NSW in their little machines. Qld, just a bit far away. A convoy with an overnight stop would be great. If you just set a date then everyone can book ahead. I guess school holidays are a consideration for some.
    S3 205 GTI x 4 and getting lower
    1998 S1 Lotus Elise
    2013 Fiesta ST
    2014 Audi SQ5

Yea I have no kids etc so those who do please speak up soon so we can work around you etc to fit a date in.

Definitely not expecting people to drive way out although what a few more hundred onto of 1000s already! If the QLD guys are prepared to drive to NSW and the VIC guy too then I think it would be a fair match. Even if the NSW dudes were to put up a bed or something for a few to keep cost etc low would be an idea.

We should also keep in mind to work a date around a day where the track day fits in. ANyone have a better idea about the track days at the creek?

Cam
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car

A bunch of the car clubs here have a yearly camping meet which in some cases varries between the north and south island.

They find a family friendly spot and do a long weekend there, so it becomes a family holiday so to speak.

I know the distances are bigger there...

Cam I would love to but our company is doing the whole cut backs on travel and couldn't see it happening. I've also got 4 weddings to go to in March.

Incidentally if you want to come over for the wrc rally you have a bed and transport here.

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ch View Post
    Hi Cam for the record the 205 was launched in 1983 so it's 28 years old with the first GTI ( thats the 1.6 ) launched a year later.

Think the get together is a good idea be great if we could all catch up at a raceway half way between Vic and NSW from my own selfish point of view : )
    G'day,
    Tarcutta ? or maybe Cobar or Nyngan...
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Haha!

Thats where I broke down about 3 months ago in the 205..!

SOunds good so far. Will have to wait for a few of the QLD boys get the message and see how we go..

Cam
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by cam85 View Post
    Haha!
    Thats where I broke down about 3 months ago in the 205..!
    Cam
    G'day,
    must be the place, I ran out of petrol there about 40 something years ago. Before alnight trading.
    Slept in the car until dawn, and then waited until about 7 or 8 o'clock for the servo to open...
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Hi Cam,

Great idea mate and I would try my hardest to get there. Maybe search for an event to try to coincide with the meet....

like the BATHURST 12 HOUR.......

It's probably a bit late for this time as it's on 26th Feb but there is always next year.
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by PugMonkey View Post
    Hi Cam,

Great idea mate and I would try my hardest to get there. Maybe search for an event to try to coincide with the meet....

like the BATHURST 12 HOUR.......

It's probably a bit late for this time as it's on 26th Feb but there is always next year.
    PCCNSW is holding the annual National Peugeot meet up in Young at Easter, maybe combine with this?
    Graham

pencil me in Cam. if my car is up and running by then, which it should be. just a thought, maybe we could find a nice caravanpark or camp spot somewhere close to the turnout or even better a venue with camping facilities?

Graham that sounds like the sort of thing I would be keen to organise. I cant seem to find much information on whats happening through the club and what sort of meet etc it is. Can you shed some light?

Cam
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car

VIP Sponsor

Graham that sounds like the sort of thing I would be keen to organise. I cant seem to find much information on whats happening through the club and what sort of meet etc it is. Can you shed some light?

Cam
    Social get together, there should be either a motorkhana or some sort of driving skill test, possibly not the full on Motorkhana we had at Canberra this year.
    There will be a drive of some sort with questions to be answered along the way.
    Probably quite a few older people and cars but if the 205 people come along and support it then this won't matter.
    These events are what the participants make them.

Information below:

Join the Lions in Young for Easter
    The New South Wales club is hosting the 2012 Easter pageant at Young and you are invited to participate in this fantastic weekend.
    Registration is $185 a person until March 1; after that it is $195. It includes meals on Saturday and Sunday, and the breakfast on Monday.
    Accommodation will be your responsibility and the club recommends either of two venues.
    The Cherry Blossom Motel. This is a clean but older style motel that will be pageant HQ and venue for breakfast. The whole motel has been booked for us. Book by phoning 02 6382 1699. Make sure you mention the Peugeot Car Club to obtain your booking and the discount rate.
    The Colonial Motel. If you want something a bit classier this is diagonally opposite the Cherry Blossom. It has 15 rooms and eight apartments, with covered parking. Phone 02 6382 2822 or visit www.colonialmotel-young.com.au. We are expected so mention the Peugeot Car Club.
    Other venues can be found at at www.visityoung.com.au.
    I suggest you book early to take advantage of the arrangements that have been made for your benefit. Some members have already booked their rooms.
    Some arrangements are still being made, but the program for the weekend will be something like as follows.

On Friday arrive and have dinner at a venue of your choice; we recommend the services club.

On Saturday morning a lion-up at the visitor centre and Saturday afternoon yet to be arranged but hopefully a motorkhana and an alternative sporting events.

Evening meal at a fantastic local hotel.

On Sunday a signpost chase with dinner in the evening at another good restaurant.

On Monday morning a farewell breakfast at the Chinese Tribute Gardens.

There are a lot of great venues for shopping and souvenirs to fill in spare time and April 6-9 is promising to be an excellent weekend.

Meanwhile, if you have any question, ring me, Ross Berghofer, on 0409 504 551 or Anne Cosier on 02 9456 1697.
    So, see ya in Young, 2012.

Im keen.

Id love to commit with the new motor, we'll see. But ill come along even with the DFZ if needs be.

Could I suggest Spring of 2010. Not too cold not too hot.

Chris

Fellow Frogger!

Spring of 2010? this is a 205 meet, not a DMC meet.

Spring 2010? 2012 yea?

Whats DMC?

Yes its a 205 meet but I would hate to limit it to just 205s. I would love anyone to be involved to be honest.

Cam
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car

VIP Sponsor

Spring 2010? 2012 yea?

Whats DMC?

Yes its a 205 meet but I would hate to limit it to just 205s. I would love anyone to be involved to be honest.

Cam
    DeLorean, time machine.

Im too young......
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car

I may be mad........ But im considering coming along from Perth in my gti!
    205 GTi T16

205 CTi

Thats what its all about!! Still waiting for a few things to fall into place to start putting prospective dates together. Watch this space

Cam
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car

Cam, my suggestion would be Wakefield Park, sort of halfway to Victoria :-) If we had the numbers I can get a good deal for a Private test day so we could have the whole track to ourselves or if not we could just use the speed off the street days at $120 per car.

There is also good accomodation at the track for just $60 per head.

I would love to bring the race 205 to the event...

I am also a registered driver instructor for Wakefield so I could share some knowledge on how to drive the track.
    90 205 Gti Cherry Red(Track Car)
    2009 207gti
    1985 505gti (Shitbox Rally) Sold

PBs:

Oran Park: 1:27:9
    Wakefield: 1:05.6 (July 2015)
    Eastern Creek: 1:54 (8v) 1:48 (16V)
    Mt Huntley: 34.44 (2004 stock 205)
    Ringwood: 35.06 (30/10/2005)
    Winton: 1:33.6 (2017)

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread Information