Brisbane - Fordman in town next week.
  • Register
  • Help

Default Brisbane - Fordman in town next week.

Hi - as previously mentioned I will be back in town next week (8 - 14 October). I met with HKP and RobT when there in June, and we had a good get-together, and there were a few others I will contact who couldn't make it then.

Nothing special about me, other than I've been on AussieFrogs about 7 years now, since buying a new Scenic, and am keen on meeting other people of similar interests (sadly, limited to cars, racing, engines, aircraft,etc). In a previous life I was a mechanic and later into car fleet management. I do have personal connections to the Kinetic Suspension company particularly the 2003 Citroen WRC and Mitsu Dakar Pajero installations, which is probably of interest to a few AF'ers. Also I work for the company leasing the new ATR72 aircraft to Virgin, the first 2 are now located at Brisbane and go into full service later this month.

I am actually staying at Alexandra Headland, Sunshine Coast for the week (7 - 14 Oct), but unless everybody wants to meet up there somewhere, I am happy to meet at the Norman Hotel in Wooloongabba earlyish Saturday afternoon, say 4pm, have a chat and a steak, and head off about 8pm'ish to get back "home". I'll stick to the soft drinks - no problem there. Sunday is Bathurst Day, so I'll leave that alone - although it would be OK for me!

So, unless it just isn't a suitable time/place, let's meet at:

Norman Hotel, 4pm, next Saturday 8th October. *** CANCELLED - SEE POST #3 ***
    P.S. Can someone nominate a specific place/bar/lounge/door or whatever to meet up.

Advertisement

HKP, I've still got your mobile number, do you want to be the local contact again to cover any changes, that is, if you are able to meet up. I am pretty flexible as I am on holidays, just trying to make it easy for you guys, hence not on a weeknight.

Fordman (Chris)
    Last edited by Fordman; 6th October 2011 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Change of Plans
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Hey Chris,
    Alex Heads is OK by me. If we get numbers we could 'taxi' up in the Rx-4 or something. Rob might be in touch so I will see what happens.
    8-14th Oct is good for me actually.
    If nobody else fronts, I moght call some friends up there and plan a short fishing trip and do a couple of days.
    Greenblood expressed interest last time, will speak to him too.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

OK, looks like no go for the Norman Hotel arrangement - and as its getting close to our departure tomorrow, and we may not have good access to AF while travelling - I will pull the pin on that one - will save me a drive down to the city.

But I will be very happy to meet up with HKP and any others at Alex Headland, It looks like there is a good hotel just up the road from our resort, and I will get in touch with HKP when we get there to arrange time/place. Easy for me!

Looks like it could be raining all week - hope we get a bit of sunshine!

Regards

Fordman.
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Thread Information