[QLD] RCCQ Midnight to Dawn 20/21 August 2011
  • Register
  • Help

Default [QLD] RCCQ Midnight to Dawn 20/21 August 2011

The RCCQ's once per year Midnight to Dawn Drive (M2D) is almost upon us. For the motoring enthusiast that gets frustrated with the dawdling drivers on some of our more interesting roads, here is your chance to drive these same roads when those other motorists are safely out of the way tucked up in bed. Helps to be an insomniac as well or at least well rested before the night drive begins. This is a popular drive and we had a very good turn up last year.

This year we will start once again at the BP Service Station at 850 Waterworks Road, The Gap. Departure will be at midnight on the Saturday night of 20 August (driving into Sunday morning) but you will need to be at the BP at least 15 minutes before the start. Total distance for the M2D will be 340km with a short break midway at Cruice Park west of Woodford. Note there are no 24 hour road houses or stores along the route until near the finish. If you will want a coffee or a V at the midpoint break you will need to bring it with you. Finish will be at the Glass House Mountains Lookout on the Glass House-Woodford Rd to watch the sunrise then have a nice BYO bbq breakfast at this great location and chat about the drive.

For those interested in this drive, please email me (details below) and route instructions will be available to be emailed out in the week before the event giving you plenty of time to familiarise yourself with the route. As the emphasis here is on driving, I have endeavoured to make the navigation as straight forward as possible with no tricks to catch you out. Most people take along a passenger or two as their navigator/s but it really is fairly straight forward.

If you have a TomTom GPS device, I can even offer you two itinerary files (.itn) to upload to your device! Let Kate/Bob/Homer guide you along the way!

Graham Nordling - RCCQ Secretary
    rccq.sec gmail.com

Advertisement
    Cheers
    Nord

I'll be there looking forward to it.
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Thread Information