Collingrove Hillclimb 16th July - come & try
  • Register
  • Help

Default Collingrove Hillclimb 16th July - come & try

Hi all,

I'll be taking my stock 205 out to Collingrove come and try day on the 16th. It'd be great to see some other pugs out there - let me know if you're heading out too. Cost is reasonable and very limited requirements.

Cheers

Advertisement

This link may be of value for those who might be interested in attending, be it as participant or simply as a spectator. It's a beautiful site - especially if it's not raining (says he, looking out at a very damp back yard!).

http://www.sportingcarclubsa.org.au/About.mvc/Hillclimb
    Last edited by petitepoupée; 5th July 2011 at 06:07 PM.
    1974 D Special, 2015 Fiat Panda Twinair turbo 85hp (), 2011 VW biturbo camper.

Yes and I forgot to say, rego needs to be in by the 6th to avoid the late fee by the looks of it.

Went out yesterday to Collingrove and we got the best weather in weeks! Sun shone all day and the event ran like clockwork.

Some of the more 'impressive' cars out included a suite of Porsches, an r35 GTR, some pretty hot WRXs and Skylines, a very tidy RX3 with a 13b turbo, and a HSV coupe too. I think the standout was a guy in a volkswagen Bora with a tow bar laying down some of the quickest times of the day - that thing was seriously fast!

The only other French car representing was a very clean new Megane Cup Trophee which was pretty quick.

For the record, my little pug stood up well and even attracted a few walkers-by, many appreciating something a little different. She ran well all day and my times steadily improved. Over 8 runs I wittled my time down from 45.8 seconds to 42.7. Well off the front-runners pace of somewhere in the 35's, but I actually ended up beating a few 'faster' cars quite convincingly, especially the less nimble HSVs etc. While traction off the line was the main issue for many, the pug certainly could have done with a few extra ponies, and a soft compound tire definitely would have helped rather than my rather bald Chinese tyres that came with the car when I bought it! I was quite encouraged to be just 1.5 seconds behind my brother in his turbo all-wheel-drive Galant.

Any photos...?
    1974 D Special, 2015 Fiat Panda Twinair turbo 85hp (), 2011 VW biturbo camper.

Thread Information